“Definitely worth a visit!”

Sartaj Indian Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 507 Restaurants in Rhodes Town
Price range: US$ 11 - US$ 22
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located 3 km. away from the town of Rhodes (ON THE ROAD TO THE AIRPORT)the "Sartaj Indian "RUNNING BY PUNJABI FAMILY FROM INDIA .A warm welcome awaits you at Sartaj Indian and an invitation to take you on a culinary journey through India with its deliciously rich flavours. Take a seat in the cosy, yet sumptuously decorated dining area. For 25 years, Pardeep has been preparing and serving scrumptious dishes originating from a variety of areas in India. Leaving his native Punjab in 1990 he migrated to Rhodes bringing with him a taste of Asia
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

As an Indian from Leicester, I do not normally expect a great curry abroad but I was very pleasantly surprised! Starters were pretty good. The Mains were just as good as home and worth the visit alone! Great change from Greek food. Great family that run it too.

1  Thank Hiren S S
par k, Owner at Sartaj Indian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Thank you soo much for taking the time to review your visit. We really appreciate it and are glad that you enjoyed your visit. Hope to see you again

Reviewed 20 July 2017

First went to this AMAZING restaurant last year(2016). Me and my wife work in Rhodes during summer seasons and decided to go again a little while ago. We walked in, got a great welcoming smile and after we were seated I got he surprise of my life: They remembered us, remembered what we had ordered and remembered where we sat last year. I was IMPRESSED!! Of course, the food is to die for and that blended with the friendly service makes this an outstanding place to visit.
I highly recommend Sartaj - try it out!
(sorry I can't remember your names....)

1  Thank Vassillis
par k, Manager at Sartaj Indian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Says it all really, food was of a good standard but the service was so slow it became genuinely irritating and spoiled the experience. Setting right on the beach front gives you wonderful sunset views but I wouldn't bother again unless the service bucks it's ideas up.

Reviewed 14 July 2017

I'm always sceptical about trying Indian food abroad but I was very pleasantly surprised! I had a chicken passanda which was delicious and tasted just as good as any I've had in the UK. They also cater very well for vegetarians, adding generous blocks of cottage cheese to replace the meat in many dishes. The staff were also very friendly. I cannot reccomend this place enough! We were bored of having greek and italian food so this made a lovely change.

2  Thank Emmy C

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

After 2 weeks of Greek food we were in the mood for Indian. We passed this place and saw it had great reviews. So we tried it. Sadly, we can't join the accolades about the food.

The restaurant has a great view of the beach and surrounding mountains and is airy and bright.

The Punjabi lady who runs the place is kind and efficient. They have a menu with a good variety of choices. Vegetarians can eat well.

However, the food quality is not great. The mixed starters tasted stale. The lamb my spouse had was pleasant but my butter chicken was just ok. The raita and salted lassis good. The sag paneer average. The naan tasted like they use pita dough to try and make it. Not good.

We decided to go elsewhere for coffee and dessert.

A pity as we had really high hopes and wanted to like this place more.