Came back from the Ixian Grand on 16 October having spent a relaxing 10 days at the resort.
We stayed in a suite and it was lovely to have our own pool although be careful at this time of year as some of the suites are not in the sun - the first suite given to us was not in the sun at all so we asked to change which the hotel was more than happy to do. The private pools can also be a bit of sun-trap so very hot and stuffy so I would recommend a couple of hours by the main pool where there is a lovely sea breeze - we didn't have a problem getting a sunbed on any day even at 2pm, although they are quite uncomfortable!
We eat in both the restaurant (suites) and the main buffet (hotel) and found the food to be excellent. I had one of the best salmon dishes ever in suite restaurant (heaven on a plate) - we eat in Degu7 one night which was lovely (taster menu) I would recommend going here at the beginning of your stay as we it left it until the last night and by then we were a little "fancy fooded" out at by then :)
This hotel is perfect if you want a chilled, relaxing holiday and as it is an "adults only" hotel it is perfect for this - if you want entertainment in your hotel every night this is not the hotel for you as there was very little in the way of entertainment in the evenings.
The only negative thing I have to say about this hotel are the bathrooms in the suites are a bit dated. Our suite bathroom was definitely not 5* I would have said 3*, although the towels were changed daily and the cleaners did a great job every day I was disappointed to find that the shower was a "head" in the bath, in our first suite you had to hand-hold it and in the second suite it did go on the wall but I would have expected a 5* hotel to have a separate walk-in shower or at the very least one permanently fixed on the wall over the bath :(
All in all though this hotel is lovely I would just ask when booking just be aware that this is Greece where a 5* is not necessarily the same as a 5* in the UK or the US but saying that we had a truly enjoyable stay and I would recommend this hotel if not only for the food in the suite restaurant we didn't have a bad meal once :)
ps make a trip to Rhodes Old Town one night and eat in an authentic Greek tavern this is definitely worth doing, food is out of this world (try Island Lipsi food is divine) - taxi is only around €11 one way and around 8min
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The SENTIDO Ixian Grand - Adults Only (over 16 y.o.) is a premium beach SPA Resort at the west coast of the island Rhodes directly located at the Ixia beach. Moreover, the SENTIDO Ixian Grand - Adults Only has got 211 rooms with a cozy ambience. Just a few minutes away from the hotel is the UNESCO world heritage "the historic center of Rhodes" and the "Mount Flerimos" with an huge panoramic view. Enjoy the sunset at the beach, the attractive surroundings and the premium hotel SENTIDO Ixian Grand - Adults Only. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sentido Ixian Grand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ixian Grand Hotel Ixia
- Ixian Grand Ixia
- Sentido Ixian Grand Rhodes/Rhodes Town