“Comfortable stay in a great location”
Review of Spot Hotel

Spot Hotel
Ranked #56 of 127 Hotels in Rhodes Town
Tucson
“Comfortable stay in a great location”
Reviewed 29 November 2011

We stayed two nights (12Nov11 - 14Nov11) at the Spot Hotel. We didn't have any problems finding the hotel but we had to find parking for our rental car, especially since Rhodes Town has restrictions on cars in the Old Town. The owner/manager, Lee, was very helpful in explaining where free parking was available.

Breakfast, though simple, was fine and included in the rate. I'm sure breakfast is more elaborate during peak season when the hotel hosts more guests.

Positives:
1) Excellent location.
2) Parking is within reasonable walking distance.
3) Clean and comfortable.
4) Owner and his brother had done their own work on the hotel. Quality workmanship and everything worked.
5) Tea, coffee, espresso, and cappuccino are always available.
6) Free wi-fi in common area.
7) Friendly management.

Negatives:
1) Bathroom was very small. It was efficiently designed and well-ventilated but a tight fit for a normal-sized person.

Summary:
This property does a great job as a small hotel in Rhodes Town. We would stay again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Susan L
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Umag, Croatia
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Hotel is very small but very nice, situated perfectly in the heart of Old Town. Thanks to his owner, we have a very pleasent stay in Rhodes. He helped us with rent-a-car, picked us up on the airport (taxi drivers were in strike), gave us many good advices about food, where to go...
Rooms are very confortable and nice decorated. Our bath was a little bit too small, but all the rest is so good that it doesn't matter. Price/value excellent!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bungeehr
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 19 October 2011

We stayed at Spot Hotel for 6 nights and had a fabulous time. I'm fairly picky when it comes to hotels, but can only make positive remarks about this charming little place. Our double room was spotlessly clean, with a comfortable bed and lovely decor. Extra points for the big, fluffy towels! The breakfast buffet was simple, but more than adequate. The owner, Lee, was extremely hospitable and gave us tons of advice on sights, transportation, and restaurants in Rhodes. The price was more than reasonable (even on our backpacker's budget!), especially considering the location and services provided. If we are ever back in Rhodes, we wouldn't consider staying anywhere else.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 29 September 2011

Situated right at the heart of the Old Town, this very safe and convenient hotel has been a perfect choice for me and my friend during our vacation this year in end August.
Thanks to its great owner, Lee Michael Mavrostomos, Spot Hotel offers much more than just an accommodation. If you also want to wake up with great music and enjoy a perfect feeling of "home" at vacation, you should do your best to get yourself a room at Spot Hotel if you are travelling to Rhodes. I would definitely go back to Rhodes and stay at Spot Hotel very soon !

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Newport Beach, California
Reviewed 28 September 2011

First, I want to say thank you to Lee and his son. They helped me make a great trip, better! In my opinion it is hard to compare hotels, B&B's and resorts. They offer so many things that do not compare to each other. The Spot Hotel ranks among the best small hotels I have ever stayed. Add the cost value to it all and it it is hard to come close (great room, breakfast, location, quietness and helpfulness).

The "Spot Hotel" had it all for my trip. It was in the heart of Old Town Rhodes (50 feet off a main square-yes, I am from the US as I use feet rather than meters), but then again close to everything else in my opinion. I walked in, and Lee welcomed me as if it was my house and took me to my room. No Check in and or questions! I asked a few questions and he answered them and then added some great tips. I took him up on his tips. I rented a motor bike from his recommendation and had my first meal as well. Both turned out to be great.

I then spent the next 4 nights exploring the city, Island and amazing beaches with the help from Lee's map and advice. Too each his/her own but I have now spent 3 days in Santornini with Myknonos tomorrow and already miss Rhodes.

The Spot Hotel offered me a great place to call home for my time in Rhodes. A nice room (I had the single which was great but get the double even if alone if you can, the best location if you wish to be close to town (I would wake up early in the morning and have the whole "Old Town" to myself while everyone else slept or was in route via "cruise". This meant being able to take great pics without anyone around). On my return, from my day adventures I would have the town full of people and fun and just be less than a 1 minute shower away. In my book that is just plan nice.

If you want a pool then maybe the Spot hotel is not for you (why do you want to be at a pool, with so many great beaches near by?). If you want the ability to be at a beach within minutes, the best location, restaurants and amazing views of the city at your door step, quiet at night when you want, then the "Spot" is for you.

I wish I was there now.

I could go on and I will on a review of Rhodes and the hotel on a different post of Rhodes later. Great Hotel if you have the opportunity.

Room Tip: Stay in the double room but single is fine if alone.