“Tamam... a lovely restaurant!”
Review of Tamam

Tamam
Ranked #3 of 450 Restaurants in Rhodes Town
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 50
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Another season full of flavors and unique experiences just finished. Thank you for choosing Tamam as the absolute food destination in Rhodes for one more year. Now a renovation period begins, so that everything is going to be ready by the spring of 2018. See you around!
Reviewed 13 April 2012

As you have read from other tripadvisor members this restaurant is a unique place with exeptional food ! I had a great time there and one of the most amazing meals in my life....

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 13 April 2012

it was busy restaurant when ı see and ı enter to it was nice and nıce atmosfhere

1  Thank elcin a
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Tamam is absolutely incredible! My only gripe is that I did not discover this fantastic restaurant sooner.

Firstly, the decor is simplistic, but classy, with a lot of wood, and huge Windows opening to the street and letting in a fresh breeze. Andreas, the owner provides absolutely impeccable service, and is one of the friendliest and most capable restaurateurs that I have ever met. The restaurant is located in the new town section of Rhodes, very close to many hotels, and within a short walk from the old city.

The food will absolutely blow your mind. Andreas and Maria combine ingredients in ways that create a synergy that boggles the mind. Even ingredients that you do not normally like will taste absolutely delicious when prepared by these masters of cuisine.

The first meal that I had at Tamam was dinner. I started with an excellent (and inexpensive) house red wine and a type of fried pita bread dish typical to Rhodes, with an absolutely delicious feta cheese-based spread. It took much restraint to hold off on finishing the bread before the next course arrived. The second course was an absolutely fantastic salad, with tangerines, nuts, and unbelievably fresh vegetables. Greece is a country known for the quality of its produce, but the vegetables in Tamam's salads are truly the freshest and most delicious that I have ever tried. This was followed up by the main course: fantastically prepared beef steak, wrapped in eggplant with an amazing sauce. I don't even normally like eggplant, but this dish was absolutely amazing... The flavors combined perfectly to create one of the best beef dishes that I have EVER eaten. As expected by now, the meat was absolutely first rate quality, and cooked perfectly (rare as requested). After the meal, Andreas brought up a refreshing and delicious Rhodian digestif.

After this incredible dinner, I returned the next day (my last day in Rhodes) for lunch. I started again with the pita with feta, and then moved on to another delicious salad, with mixed greens, perfect sun dried tomatoes, topped with an incredible grilled Greek cheese (I forgot the name of the cheese, but I had not heard of it or tried it before), and drizzled with excellent olive oil and balsamic. Then came the main course: an absolutely amazing assortment of fresh king prawns, cooked to perfection, head-on, bathed in an incredibly tasty orange and ouzo sauce. This was probably the most delicious prawn dish I have ever tasted. The quality of the prawns was impeccable, and the sauce was unique, but the flavors combined absolutely perfectly to match the taste of the prawns. With food this good, in such ample amounts, it is difficult to even think about desert. Yet Andreas came to the table with a fantastic final course, so good it was impossible to leave any left on the plate: perfect ice cream drizzled with an amazing local Rhodian honey, and local almond flakes.

All in all, these two meals were the absolute best of many good meals that I had in Rhodes, and amongst the best that I have EVER eaten. You would expect food of such high quality to cost a fortune, but the prices are extremely reasonable. Andreas and Maria are also perfect hosts and really great to chat with. This restaurant provides such incredible food and experience that I would seriously consider flying to Rhodes SOLELY to eat here again! Tamam is an absolute must!!!!

1  Thank DJ_Ides
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Enjoyed an excellent good value meal at Tamam. Simple surroundings but the food is freshly cooked,individually prepared and very tasty. Meal for two - chicken tagani, fish with almonds,ice cream desert and house rose.30eur. Hard to fault service and food. Happy to recommend.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

Me, my wife and 2 sons were in Rhodos for the first time in the first week of Easter 2012. We saw Tamam in Trip Advisor, so first chance we had, we went to Tamam for lunch. Its a very cosy place - not big and crowded (or empty!) and the ownrer is very gracious, and helpful, and friendly, and the food is really good, and freshly cooked! Real value for money. We were busy with tours, but my family wanted to go back, which we did a day before we left. No dissappointments at all! Am a banker and if banks are run like this - people will have good memories instead of financial crises-:)