All reviews longer stay perfect location medieval town air conditioning hotel is located
Reviewed 11 October 2010

Don't even think of staying in this hotel unless you just want somewhere to leave your luggage for the night. We had booked it as it was in the Old Town of Rhodes within walking distance of the Symi ferries. It had never occurred to us that there were rave discos within the Medieval Old Town of Rhodes. There are 4 within 50 metres.
The room we were allocated was directly above a very loud ravedisco which didn't close until 630a.m. It was torture and as the proprietor had taken our passports on arrival and disappeared, we had no option but to endure it. It was a night of sheer hell, I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy!

Date of stay: October 2010
5  Thank Robnwen
Reviewed 24 September 2010

Warning, this is not an Hotel: it is impossible to sleep, because around it there are 4-5 open disco bar, which play high music long time in the night and, on saturday night, unitl 7 in the morning! Note that is not only impossible to sleep, but also to stay in the rooms, because the noise is really terrible... The responsible of the hotel is strongly uncorrect: she avoid to advise the guests and ask for payment in advance... A night in this hotel is a nightmare! Avoid it.

Date of stay: September 2010
5  Thank Hans_Castorp_1924
Reviewed 22 September 2010

All right, I have to admit, we were only there for one night because our itinerary did not permit a longer stay. I must say though, Domus Rodos Hotel is TERRIFIC!! We were warmly greeted upon arrival, cheerily led to our immaculate, tiny room and provided with helpful insight to navigate the bustling Old Town on a Saturday night. We loved the location in the richly historic Medieval town. Domus Rodos is literally steps away from all of the attractions that the Old Town offers. There are restaurants, night clubs, boutiques, mini-marts, an atm....etc all within steps of this wonderful little Inn.

I did do my research and was more than aware that there are nightclubs directly underneath the sleeping rooms but hey, who needs sleep?, lol. All kidding aside, the throbbing music from the clubs below only added to the charm. We arrived late in the afternoon, enjoyed restful naps and then reemerged onto the magically transformed streets of the enchanting Old Town. The entire alley adjacent to Domus Rodos was filled with seating to accomodate the throngs of revelers. Music blared from each of the individual night clubs that only hours earlier appeared to be quiet residences except for the signs adorning the doorways.

We wandered the streets and alleyways of the Old Town and were delighted to find the multitude of options for late night dining. We finally opted for one of the tavernas situated above the restored fountain. Unfortunately, the food was uninspiring but the view from the second story over the square below was priceless. It was nearly 3 am when we returned to our abode and the clubs below were still energized with music, dancing and exhilarated partiers. No worries, we were prepared and had no trouble drifting off to sleep and actually found comfort in the 'white noise' from below.

We woke to the predawn light so that we could further explore the Old Town before our ferry to Turkey departed. The nightclub below still had several jubilant people enjoying the afterglow of a festive night. They were friendlly and invited us to join in the frivolity but we were on a mission to pound more pavement before our departure. The streets were mostly deserted by then and a calmness pervaded that betrayed the earlier verve. We would have liked to find a cup of coffee but were obviously searching in the wrong places. We did eventually leave the Old Town and ventured out on the streets of Rhodes where we did find a spot that served snacks and beverages, including 'instant' coffee. Oh yum. It was after 7 am by then and time to collect our bags and head for the ferry port. The harbor is a short stroll from Domus Rodos and very convenient.

In summary. We loved the Domus Rodos and would definitely return. It is clean, comfortable and convenient. What more does one need?

Date of stay: September 2010
Reviewed 12 July 2010

I stayed at the Domus Rodos Hotel for a one night stopover after reading reviews about it on Trip Advisor - I mainly picked it because it was cheap and in a good location. The room was small but clean, and the bathroom even smaller - the shower is a tiny square with no curtain so make sure you leave your clothes outside otherwise they will get a wash as well! The location of the hotel was fantastic (right in the middle of the Old Town), especially as all the other hotels in the Old Town are much more expensive, and the couple who own it were lovely. Apparently the restaurant at the foot of the hotel (Yannis?) is excellent but unfortunately I didn't get a chance to try it. I read several reviews about the noise at night from the bar downstairs - it was quite loud but after coming off a 20 hour flight I was out and didn't notice it at all. Overall I would say you definitely get what you pay for, it is a great hotel to use as a base for exploring Rhodes but probably not right for you if you are used to more comfort and luxury.

Date of stay: June 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 21 May 2010

Right in the old town, it was a great feeling to sleep in this part of Rhodes. Yes there is music playing at night but it was never an issue for me, it was much more difficult to sleep in Santorini with the wind howling! Here I feel asleep quickly, and shutting the windows does the job (and there is air conditioning too). Also, I would note that I can't imagine there are much quitter hotels nearby, because most of them are outside the old town! Which means lots of noisy traffic all day all night, which is not the case in the old town. I have seen no other hotels in the old town, only houses for rent.

The lady (who I think is the owner or his wife) is very nice, always helpful with directions. I had lost my iPhone charger and she gave me one someone else had forgotten at this hotel, offered me free pastry daily (I can't guarantee that this is always the case!).

It also turns out that this has been the lowest rate I've had for a hotel in all of Greece, and yet I have been in some very untouristy areas.

The only issue was that the wifi signal was sometimes weak so I had to use the internet from the lobby (my iphone or the PC). But this was fine, just out of my room, and easily accessible, with the pastries on the table next to me.

Overall I would have no reason to book anywhere else. When I come back to Rhodes I'll stay here again.

Date of stay: May 2010