See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Stayed there for 4 nights in May 2014. The room was adequate but the shower and toilet a little small for me also its a wet room with no shower curtain.

The Manager was helpful and he tried his best to accommodate our requests. The owner is reliable and also helpful.

Overall this hotel which is in the medieval city of Rhodes is a perfect location for those who like history. Probably suited for short stays and there is a night club nearby that did play music late into the night so get a room at the back of the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank leozak
Stergos F, Owner at Domus Rodos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2015

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel, your feedback is important to me. I am pleased that my caretaker and I were able to be of help to you during your stay here.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

My room was big and comfy enough for my needs. Bathroom was spartan, with a broken toilet seat and no shower curtain.
Unlike other reviewers I had no issues with noise, being there mid-week in the low season. On one night I could hear some music from the bar downstairs but ear plugs solved the problem.
However, my room was not cleaned once during my 4-day stay. Towels and sheets weren't changed either.
As I was the only guest for a couple of days, I had to ask for hot water to be turned on before taking a shower. That's not a problem per se. But a lot of water goes to waste because it has to run for several minutes before it actually gets warm.
Well, the room rate was very low, but I still expected better. The owner seems like a friendly chum but I'm not sure he cares about anything than being paid in advance. With hindsight I'd rather stay in the new part of town which has less of that cheap junk tourism that abounds in the Old Town.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for your review. Your feedback is important to me. I am implementing changes at the hotel this year, in repsponse to comments such as yours. The man you met was my caretaker. I have now addressed with him the issue of asking for cash payment in advance - this is not our policy. I have also employed new cleaning staff. The hotel itself will be extensively refurbished this year - this will include new fixtures and fittings as well as a new water heating system.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

The host was fun and kind and the hostess was warmhearted. We paid the three night's payment in advance but had to leave one day earlier in some reason and the hostess woman kindly refund all the money. I said sorry and she said she understood my situation.

The room is cleaned daily.The bathroom is a bit small and has no curtain.
The view is good if you choose the street side of the room. The hot water did not come out unless you ask for the host.

Overall it was a good experience!

Room Tip: You have to close the window if you turn on the air conditioner.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Stergos F, Owner at Domus Rodos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2015

Thank you for your kind review of the Domus Rodos Hotel. I value your comments. Please note that we are updating the water heating system this year. We look forward to welcoming you again whenever you visit Rhodes Old Town.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

This Hotel is in the medieval city in Rhodes. A beautiful place so you would expect it to be traditional...... It was anything but. We checked in to the room late as our flight arrived at 10.00 pm, we weren't expecting much as it was a cheap overnight stop.

After having a great meal out, we got back to the hotel at around midnight. We needed to sleep, get up early for the 08.30 boat to Symi. That is when it started! In the next building, there was an all night disco that played grinding music (the mirror in the room was vibrating) until 07.00 am.

On the way out the owner was very apologetic and we felt sorry for him. I have worked in clubs singing for years, so loud music does not bother us but this was festival noise levels in a building the size of an old English Pub!

Never again!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Julie H
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We stayed for one night here - the location was good (close to the harbour) and the main areas were fair enough if a little tired. The owner came across as rather brusque and was not happy when I asked for my passport back half an hour after he had taken it to copy. The room was pretty small with pretty basic and ageing decor. The beds were uncomfortable and the shower appliance on its last legs.
We arrived back late'ish after eating out and got ready to turn in. I picked up the rather flat pillow in an effort to plump it up and found several dark hairs underneath it on the sheet - further inspection showed several more body hairs on the sheet so clearly the bed sheets had not been changed between customers! Ugh!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from the clubs, and check cleanliness of bed/sheets before owner leaves you to it!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple