All reviews cheeseboard raclette every night dutch panorama noise team group skiing slopes
Reviewed 3 February 2018

As previous reviews the staff and team are lovely people. Very friendly and welcoming. The room was fairly large, clean, comfy beds and bath with plenty of hot water to soak in. The location is very good with easy access with bus stop outside and frequent buses to and from slopes. Hotel is near the town centre easy walking distance to shops and other restaurants. Food at the hotel and for the price we paid was good, as a vegetarian I was worried about the menu. Vegetarians I feel do get overlooked as particularly in this hotel and probably most are meat and fish eaters. My food was ok the best was the vegetarian strudel. But as the week went on a lack of imagination particularly with the cauliflower cheese was a let down. Also felt that others around were more demanding and also had the cauliflower cheese as a side dish which did not seem fair. Anyway overall the food was good.

The noise can be an issue and large groups enjoying themselves without considering others around them was an issue one evening. Apologies came but I felt that free booze helped the noise along and I myself do drink. Not wanting to sound too negative, there was also an issue on the day of leaving when putting my luggage in the baggage room. Several men were outside of the room by the lift in there underpants just standing around talking oblivious to others trying to get by them. I am not sure what this was about and not what I wanted to see .
I would suggest just a little bit of monitoring by staff of such explicit inappropriate behaviour in a hotel setting may be a good idea particularly if you are wanting families to use the hotel.

Room Tip: We had room 29 away from bar and upstairs noise.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for a weeks skiing in March. The staff (mainly Dutch I believe) were very friendly and welcoming. Our room was basic but clean with a t.v and small balcony, possibly a better standard than expected for a 2*. The only real issue I had was the noise, the walls are very thin to the point where I could hear guests in the room above urinating?! We were unfortunately located beneath the pool table/sofas area and a hard floor with people clomping about in boots etc, very disruptive at times. I would recommend paying extra to get a top floor room and also take earplugs..!
In terms of location it was well positioned in Central Chatel, with a bus stop nearby and not too far to walk to the nearest gondola, although it is certainly not a 'ski to the door' place as was advertised on skisunweb! The food was generally a pleasant surprise, you normally got a choice between 2 evening meals and they always served a nice homemade soup with bread, a small dessert and a cheeseboard after. Breakfast could have been better with the addition of some hot food but there was enough to set you up for the day and if you wanted to take anything for lunch you could.
Overall we were fairly pleased with our stay here but I'm not sure I could deal with the noise again and would maybe go for somewhere that has some sort of spa/sauna to relax in after skiing (the leisure centre up the road is well worth a visit if you're into that kind of thing)

Stayed: March 2017
Reviewed 21 March 2017

We had half-pension at Hotel Panoramic, which was part of the ski trip we booked at Sunweb. Reviews from the past years made us a bit skeptic, but what a pleasant surprise! I turns out Sunweb leases/rents the hotel from this year on, with a fresh crew. The food was well prepared and of high quality, certainly when you consider the price paid. At breakfast we could choose between 2 main dishes for diner (e.g. pork tenderloin, steak, raclette, spaghetti). Diner had 3 courses (soup, main, pie) and every night they had a cheeseboard with coffee/thee. Compliments on the diner! Breakfast was simple (toast, French bread, boiled eggs, cheese, ham, yoghurt, coffee, cheese, croisant and on some days pancakes) but considering the price it was more then okay.
The personal is a very enthusiastic Dutch crew, which were friendly and always in for a talk or drink. They certainly made a difference in the whole 'experience' of hotel/restaurant Panoramic, compliments to them!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank JP P
Reviewed 17 February 2017

We stayed in the Hotel Le Panoramic during the first week of February 2017 with our daughter and son-in-law for a skiing holiday. In summary we had an excellent stay, the hotel staff were very helpful and welcoming, food was excellent and being all inclusive we couldn't have asked for more. A big thank you to everyone who worked hard to make it an enjoyable week for us

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 February 2017

We stayed in Hotel Le Panoramic last week (early February 2017).
We enjoyed a wonderful stay at the hotel and within the resort.
The hotel had everything we needed. The rooms were basic but comfortable.
The food was delicious. We opted for all inclusive, which included continental breakfast, an opportunity to make up a lunch each day and take a bottle of water or juice with you on the slopes, snack at 5pm, drinks from the bar during the afternoon and evening and a four course meal every night.
The evening meal consisted of soup, a choice of two main meals, dessert and cheese board. Table service in the evening and the food was delicious. We enjoyed beautifully cooked steak, raclette, lasagne, pork steak, and other traditional Dutch and French meals throughout the week.
The hotel was run by a Dutch couple and their team. All members of staff were extremely welcoming and spoke excellent English. They all made every effort to ensure we enjoyed our stay and made us feel welcome from start to finish.
The bar area included lots of traditional board games which we enjoyed in the evening, and the host even took the time to teach us a traditional Dutch/German game on our first night, which we continued to play throughout the week.
The hotel has parking outside the front, and also a ski/snowboard room where you can keep your equipment each night.
The resort had great skiing and snowboarding facilities and the free buses run all day linking the different ski areas/hotels/shops together.
Overall an excellent stay, would not hesitate to go back or recommend.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple