“We love this place.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in El Valle de Anton
Hotel Residencial El Valle
Port Aransas, Texas, United States
“We love this place.”
Reviewed 10 December 2011

This was our second year to return to El Valle. The first year we chose this hotel because it was where the bus stopped, but the second year it was a destination. Nice people, nice family, nice dog. The outdoor weekend market downstairs, and the grocery store across the street have all you need to prepare a great dinner on the open air patio upstairs and hang with new travel pals. Bicycles can be rented right downstairs to explore the waterfalls, hot springs and the zoo. It is worth the trip to the Zoo just to see where the town veterinarian lives. What a gorgeous spot.

Room Tip: We rented the suite with the kitchen the second trip. It was more expensive, but we cooked lots of g...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jan D
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Toronto
Reviewed 8 November 2011

This was our second stay at this hotel. The price is right, we love the open air terrace on the top floor with hammocks and lots of seating areas, along with a fridge and microwave. Good views of of the town and some bird watching is easily done at dawn and dusk from this area as well! The lovely ladies who keep this place clean work very hard and are very pleasant.
Enrique kindly lent me his laptop so I could check my email for some info I needed regarding a meeting in town! We also like the central location as it is very close to several restaurants, grocery stores and walking distance to all the major attractions in town. The restaurant downstairs is consistently good with very friendly and prompt service.
On the down side, we were moved into a different room on our 2nd night (through our own choice as the only clean room on our first night only had one window which looked out onto the shared balcony). There was nothing wrong with the new room per se, until we went to bed at night. We were told it was a new bed and indeed it was. They had not removed the plastic from the new mattress (I checked under the sheets and could see that they had even put a thin mattress cover over this so they did know it was there. As you might imagine, sleeping on a plastic mattress was a rather sweaty experience. Stuck with it anyways for 3 nights as we are not complainers, have slept in more uncomfortable situations over years of travel and what can you expect for $50 a night.
It may be a little loud for light sleepers given it's location. The owners dog barks quite often early in the morning and at other times of the day. It seems to be tied up quite often, but that is likely better than letting it run around town with the other dogs.
The other issue some people may have difficulty with is the fact that this hotel keeps a monkey as a pet, always tied up in the back yard and very visible. It is in a covered sort of tree house and it's leash is long enough that it has a little access to the tree, but mostly it just runs back and forth on top of it's house (our new room was facing the back so I did watch this tiny monkey quite a lot). The monkey is a Geoffroy's Tamarin, a very small primate, endemic to Panama and Colombia, which I have seen in the wild a few times at Parque Metropolitano in Panama City. I have no idea of the origins of how this monkey came to be here and it is doubtful that a captive primate would be able to fend for itself after being kept as a pet.
Overall I let the positive outweigh the negative, but thought I should give an accurate description.

Room Tip: Ask for a room without plastic on the mattress.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jillyjuan
Isla Taboga, Panama
Reviewed 11 September 2011

Convenient location, excellent service, nice rooms, great place to meet up with fellow travelers. The owner went out of his way to accommodate us.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank suscri
Giv'atayim, Israel
Reviewed 18 August 2011

we got off the bus in pouring rain, stumbled into the first building we saw - and what a great coinsidence it was! our room in the 2nd floor was great, had everything we wanted - modern hot water shower, A/C, T.V. everything for 40$ per night - great value in my book!
the terrance outside has great view, tempting hammocks that make u want to stay in all day. the place doesn't have much of a nightlife, so we sat out on the terrace every night with our friends!
the owner is friendly and helpful, english speaking.
we ate all our meals in the hotel restaurant downstairs, it looks simple but the food is devine - breakfasts are good and cheap, great seafood and meat, loved every single dish.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank marina4885
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 16 June 2011

My Mother and I were traveling through Panama for the last 3 weeks. This place was one of the highlights of our trip! It's clean, and very close to everything. The owners and staff really go out of their way to accommodate. From the moment we arrived, Enrique was really great. At one point during our stay, my mother came down with some allergies. I asked him where I could find a Pharmacy, and he personally drove me to one up the street, and translated her symptoms for me. I've been in the hospitality industry my whole life..and I can say with certainty. Those are the kinds of things that keeps doors open for years to come. Keep up the good work!

We'll be back!