All reviews surf house flor blanca open air nectar restaurant horseback riding costa rica living room sushi yoga and pilates howler monkeys coconut crab couples massage spa treatments walk minutes the entire staff pool side pura vida
Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

We didn't stay here but we did have an excellent private table arranged on the beach for my mom and dads 50TH wedding anniversary trip. The food was excellent, Asian inspired and the wine and cocktails outstanding. Our servers were extremely attentive and our experience surrounded by fragrant plumeria trees was epic. Highly recommend.

On another note: they offer yoga, private Pilates and a decent but small gym with weights. My husband and I train for bodybuilding and found this to be only one of two locations with regular weights in the area. They only charge $10 per person per day for usage of the gym and it was close by and well worth it!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Jennifer S
Reviewed 14 May 2017

As, I said in my first review, we loved our first trip to Florblanca SO MUCH, that we decided to be married there. Our wedding was on April 22 and we brought 26 of our closest family and friends with us. I have no words to even explain what a perfect and magical week we had, all thanks to Cody and her amazing staff and the perfect Pura Vida accommodations at Florblanca.

In my last review, I stated that the staff felt like personal friends by the time we left. Now they feel like family. I could list every employee that made our trip special, but it would literally be every single person. From the amazingly helpful concierge who gladly put up with me coming in their office asking for something every day, helping us with all the outings we wanted to do and organizing our ATV rentals - to the wonderful restaurant/bar staff. Not only did they extend their warmth to us because they knew us from last time, they extended this also to our family and friends. Above and beyond on every level. A week our whole tribe will never ever forget.

Then there's the food. Chef Norman curated a magical rehearsal beach bbq for us - people were RAVING about it!! ...and the wedding food - everything was perfectly executed. My husband is a Chef in LA, so expectations are high. Norman exceeds those expectations every time. My Chef husband will tell you - Norman is talented and his cooking the best food in town. Berneth's cocktails are second to none. I've been craving his housemade ginger beer dark & stormy since I got home! Along with the mango, passionfruit mojito!! THE BEST!

Our wedding was perfect. They catered to our every desire. With the help of Marianne from Bliss Weddings, Jen Harter as the photographer and hair and make up by Paula (highly recommend all of these wonderful ladies) - it was everything I dreamed of and more. Seriously couldn't have had a more perfect day.

Also, not to be forgotten the sweet housekeeping staff who exude love and hospitality every time you encounter them.

Florblanca is now our home away from home. We will definitely visit every year. I could go on and on but to sum it up - It is a special place filled with special people who get the meaning of hospitality.

Room Tip: Villa 1 - the best!
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Coral B
FlorblancaManager, General Manager at Florblanca Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Dear Monica and Andrew,

It was a total joy to host your proposal, your wedding, AND your honeymoon! Florblanca is indeed your home away from home, and we look forward to having you back time and time again. Your review warmed our hearts, and especially the comments about our staff. We pride ourselves on being a small hotel where we get to really know our clients. It is the very best part of what we do, and who we are. Thank you, and wishing you both a lifetime of love and happiness.

Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

Flor Blanca is second to none. The management staff has done an excellent job at hiring a very friendly hardworking staff.

My wife and I got married in May of 2016 at Flor Blanca. The staff and management made it an extremely memorable experience. Our family and friends were blown away by the high level of concentrated customer service. We couldn't have been happier.

From the beautiful open air rooms with native charm to the perfectly kept beach/jungle grounds, this place is an absolute must to visit.

Flor Blanca will always be on our radar with plans to visit every year. We can't get enough of this place.

p.s.
The sunsets are magical from their beach. Don't forget enjoy a delicious spicy margarita as you bring closure to your day.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Trent D
Reviewed 10 May 2017

My husband and I just stayed at Florblanca to celebrate our anniversary, and even though we have stayed here before, I had no idea it could get any better and they really outdid themselves this time! First of all, we'd like to thank the entire staff for being absolutely wonderful and for taking such good care of us on our stay. Big shout out to Cody, Berneth, Feli, Ruth, Benny, Katherine, Kendall, Oscar, and all the rest for making this place truly special!

Second, all of the little extra touches really make you feel like they are going above and beyond, from the chilled cucumber water at your bedside they leave at turndown to the chocolate covered strawberries they left us one day, everything was totally on point. The room was beautiful, comfortable, and clean the entire stay.

Third, the food! Their tuna is always to die for, and the food did not disappoint this time around either. Everything was fresh, delicious, and the restaurant and bar service is quick and impeccable. I'll be dreaming about that tuna for months to come!

Fourth, the spa was the perfect way to celebrate our anniversary with a lovely couples massage. This is easily my favorite couples massage anywhere on earth as the room is equipped with a private jet bath for after the massage, as well as fresh-cut fruit and champagne to enjoy at your leisure. Definitely gives you the feeling of decadence and luxury.

Lastly, I was extremely sick on our visit unfortunately, but the staff really came to my rescue. They had a doctor come straight to the hotel, examine me in the comfort of my villa, and I was given medicine and prescriptions on the spot. If I hadn't been at the hotel it would have been such a mission to see a doctor, but they arranged everything in a quick and professional manner for me. Plus, the bartenders and waitstaff (thanks Berneth!) made me homemade ginger, lemon, mint, and honey tea concoctions for me the duration of my stay to help me feel better, and it was so above and beyond anything they had to do that it was really touching.

Once again, Florblanca has gone above and beyond to exceed all of our expectations! I cannot recommend this resort highly enough, if you are looking for luxury in sleepy, laid-back Santa Teresa, look no further. The grounds, rooms, food, and especially the staff will make your stay nothing short of magical.

Thanks again and we love you guys!
Pura Vida,
Megan and Trent

Room Tip: Ocean View Villa and Honeymoon House are only rooms with ocean views.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Megan W

To two of our favorite guests!!!! We will never forget your spectacular wedding, and the love we got to share with you, your friends and family. It was so great to have you back, and we look forward to many more anniversary trips to come. From all of us, PURA VIDA and much love.

Reviewed 8 May 2017

Florblanca Resort, is hands down the most amazing resort in Costa Rica! From start to finish our stay was an exceptional experience. The luxury resort is equipped with all the comforts of your home while nestled along the sandy beach of Santa Teresa. The room itself offers an open air living space and bathroom while the master bedroom is air conditioned for your comfort. The food, drinks, and service were exceptional! It is a must to utilize the spa services as it was definitely a highlight of our stay! if your considering traveling to Costa Rica, Florblanca should be at the top of your list!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jordan R

Dear Traveller,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are delighted to hear the food, drinks, and service were exceptional! Our Spa Bambu is indeed a highlight, and we are so happy you enjoyed it. Please come back soon.

From all of us at Florblanca, Thank you.