I visited this resort with a small group of friends. This was the first time in Costa Rica for all of us and we were looking for quiet getaway + a little adventure. It was just what we were looking for. We all had a fabulous trip. We were prepared for the 'extra mile' you have to go to get there - a flight into Tambor and then an hour drive to the resort but did enjoy the fact that we were removed from the mainstream. The transfers between San Jose airport to charter flight to car were arranged with help from Patricia at Florblanca and were organized perfectly.
We had an absolutely fabulous time. With the help of the concierge we all had (our first) surf lessons, we went horse back riding and took ATVs (very dusty!!) to zip-lining and a fabulous lunch in Montezuma (sp?). The guides we had for all outings were fabulous. Outside of our outings we were perfectly happy to spend time at the resort, hanging by the pool and swimming a few minutes up the beach were the surf was fabulous and not as rocky as the portion in front of the resort. I loved that the perfect swim beach was a couple minutes removed - it kept the beach in front of the resort quiet and you could have the unbelievable sunset all to yourself.
There were many highlights for us:
- The staff was fabulous. So sincerely friendly and helpful that I really looked forward to seeing them each day. Everything we requested was met with a 'no problem' and even setting up a special dinner on the sand out of the way for us with a special menu one of our nights was easily accommodated.
- The food. Our group is quite particular when it comes to food and without a doubt, the food even surpassed our expectations. Fresh, inventive, healthy, tasty...I never thought I could eat at the same restaurant for breakfast, lunch and dinner and not get terribly bored with the choice. The menu changed every day and we looked forward to every meal. The fish, the salads, the sushi, even the veggies on the side were fabulous.
- The cocktails! These are not your syrupy sweet resort cocktails. They are made with fresh mint, lemongrass, real lemons, real limes. They are inventive and yummy!!
Thanks to all at Florblanca who made the trip a great one for us. We all hope to return again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our accommodations offer complete privacy and luxury surrounded by beautiful gardens and views of the Pacific Ocean. All villas are only steps away from the surf, open -air dining, our new Spa Bambu, fitness center, a yoga and Pilates studio, and other amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Florblanca Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Florblanca Hotel Santa Teresa
- Florblanca Resort Santa Teresa