“Great trip, wonderful people, well organized retreat”

Vajra Sol Yoga Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Vajra Sol Yoga Adventures offers private individual or group Yoga classes combined with Surf lessons, Stand Up Paddle (SUP) Yoga tours and beachfront yoga retreats in the idyllic beach town of Santa Teresa, Costa Rica. Plus, upscale yoga, surfing, SUP retreat in Nicaragua. Yoga in Patagonia, Chile and the Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu, Peru. All levels of experience are welcome. Please visit our website for more information.
Reviewed 31 July 2011

I did the Costa Rica Pure Yoga retreat in July of 2011. I booked the vacation on a whim and since I was going alone I wanted to find something that gave me a chance to meet new people, do a bit of yoga, and explore a new area. Sandra, the retreat leader, was extremely helpful and warm from the moment I sent her the first of my many questions. She promptly answered all of my emails with questions about transportation, the retreat, extending my stay in Costa Rica after the retreat is over. The group that came to the retreat was amazing - we were all so different, but had a great time getting to know each other and it felt like we were old friends by the time the retreat was over. The yoga was great - I'm a beginner, but never felt out of place in the more advanced classes. The teachers are welcoming and accommodating and work with everyone to make sure they get something out of the class. Either way, when doing yoga a few feet from the ocean, listening to the waves crash, I don't think you can have too bad of a time. The accommodations were amazing - I can't say enough about how much I enjoyed where we stayed. The retreat was well organized, yet Sandra was always flexible in making small adjustments in response to our requests and questions. All in all - it was a great trip and I am glad to have made the last minute decision to join the Vajrasol Pure Yoga retreat. Thank you Sandra for the wonderful experience!! Pura Vida indeed...

1  Thank lena141
in 38 reviews
"amazing peru"
"an adventure"
in 6 reviews
"highly recommend this trip"
in 3 reviews
in 4 reviews
"she loves"
"takes care"

Reviewed 28 July 2011

I highly recomment Vajra Sol Yoga and Surf Retreats. I went for the Yoga Adventure retreat and was not dissappointed. Sandra who ran the retreat was a great Yoga instructor as well as very knowledgeable about Costa Rica and Santa Teresa. She was there to take care of us, every step of the way. Her choice of Selecting Prana Mar Villas for the retreat could not have been better. My tours were all set up for me and I really enjoyed the horseback riding and ziplining. I'm still trying to hold on to my "Pura Vida" Costa Rican state of mind.....

1  Thank salsaq5
Reviewed 20 April 2011

I attended the surf/yoga retreat from April 10th to 16th and I'm sad that it's over! What an experience. I have never surfed before but with the help of the highly talented and super-friendly instructors I was catching some pretty big waves by the end of the week. Exhilerating! The surfing and yoga were both physically and mentally challenging and I loved pushing myself at times beyond my comfort level. I met an eclectic mix of friendly, warm, intelligent, outgoing people from Canada and the US. The camaraderie of the group combined with positive energy and contagious enthusiasm of our retreat leader, Sandra, made this trip a 10/10 for me. Sandra is a one-in-a-million yoga instructor with a magnetic personality that makes you want to listen to her wisdom and practice with her all day long. Every detail of the retreat was flawlessly executed. The yoga shala was GORGEOUS and faces the ocean so you can listen to the waves as you're practicing. The meals were outstanding. I mean truly outstanding! When everyone is taking out their cameras to snap photos of their lunch, you know you're doing something right! Fresh, healthy, organic, interesting, delicious, colorful...it was difficult to decide what to eat and I loved every single meal I ate during my stay. I would repeat the trip in a heartbeat. If you're seriously contemplating whether or not to book this retreat experience, JUST DO IT. You won't regret it.

2  Thank GretaPodleski
Reviewed 31 March 2011

I had a blast on my WEEK LONG adventure with Sandra, the staff, and fellow yogis/surfers who made this one of most memorable trips I have ever had.  The accommodations are lush, the food is divine.  The beach is wonderful, and I went from a complete novice surfer to getting up on my board at the end of the first lesson.  I attribute this to the great instructors.  The yoga classes were challenging physically, emotionally, and spiritually, which I attribute to Sandra's brilliant teaching.  I really enjoyed meeting all the wonderful travelers who attended from many parts of the US, Canada, South Africa, and the UK.  I would recommend this program to those curious about surfing and desirous of deepening their yoga practice, as well as enjoy a structured day where food and accommodations are conveniently arranged.  Thank you Sandra and Vajra Sol Adventures!