2,190 results
All reviewsgolf coursecanopy suitecena socialesol y sombracielo roomcosta ricagolf clubscreened in porchplunge poolarnold palmercomplimentary activitieszip liningwitches rockocean sideice watercooking classcatch of the day
Reviewed 26 August 2017

I've been to many Four Seasons and other luxury hotels around the world. I have never experienced a more impressive looking hotel. It was absolutely stunning. It far exceeds any Four Seasons Hotel in the World that I have visited. The landscape is breath taking and almost surreal at times. It is like a Hollywood movie set layout. There are two beaches with breathtaking views and sunsets. Photos couldn't do it justice. The staff was exceptional and extremely accommodating. The had many complimentary services like kayaking, snorkeling, trail walks, absolutely exceptional. Most Four Seasons I've gone to in the past charge for services. They had complimentary daily ice cream, desserts, refreshers... I can't put it into words how great they were. The food, however, was very expensive but it was good. We had two rooms with amazing views for our family and we all absolutely loved it. So much beauty, so many blessings. I would give this the highest recommendation of any place I've visited in the world, and that's saying a lot. Finally, get ready to be blown away when entering the complex, you will feel like you're on a Jurassic Park luxury expedition. I wish this hotel experience for everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank magicdisplay
Ronny F, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica at Peninsula Papagayo, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Greetings magicdisplay,

We are thrilled you had such a wonder experience at our resort. It truly is a special place, it is great to hear that you spent your time enjoying our beach and all our resort activities. Thank you for taking the time to share with the tripadvisor community your experience. We look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Reviewed 25 August 2017

This hotel is pretty cool!

Let me start out by saying that this hotel is has a really cool layout! There is a small main hotel, but then there are these Canopy Suites and Villas which are awesome! To get to the Canopy Suites and Villas you have to get a ride in a golf cart which was cool intitally, but became a bit of a pain.

The workers could not be nicer and they keep the property immaculate! Truly impressive!

So, why didn't I give a 5 Star rating? Two reasons - Location and Red Tide.

Starting with the location, you are in Costa Rica. I didn't necessarily go to Costa Rica to lay on a beach. I went to Costa to see the jungle and surf. I didn't really do either. The cool jungle stuff - Volcano and Cloud Jungle are about 3.5 hours away. Too far for a day trip for me. To surf, you're looking at 1.5 hours away, which is doable, but I'm not looking to travel once I get to where I'm going.

The other thing is the Red Tide. A Red Tide is bacteria in the water which apparently happens at the beginning of the wet season when the rivers raise up and bacteria washes into the ocean. Long story short, we couldn't go in the ocean while we were there. Not the hotel's fault, but it is what it is.

One other thing that is strange are the guys who work on the beach selling excursions of differnt kinds. They offer the exact same service as the hotel, but at half the price. Good for me, but it was a strange setup.

If you are looking for a beautiful resort to just relax and be taken care of, this is your spot!

Room Tip: Choose a Canopy Suite or if you're a baller, go for the Villa!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
4  Thank Rob S
Ronny F, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica at Peninsula Papagayo, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Greetings Rob S,

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your visit to our resort. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your Canopy suite and enjoyed first hand our Four Seasons service we are so proud of. We are deeply sorry that while you were visiting us you had to experience the Red Tide effect, and were not able to enjoy our beaches to their full extent. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Ronny Fernandez,

Reviewed 16 August 2017

Breathtaking views and meticulous property and golf course with monkeys and iguanas traversing the greens. Fantastic turn down service with mid day snacks, gorgeous pools and world class restaurants. On site beach was comfortable. Highly recommend for luxury and hope you can break free to take in the local guanacaste sites.

Room Tip: Monkeys, iguanas and baby raccoons roam free amidst manicured luxury.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank boutique64
Ronny F, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica at Peninsula Papagayo, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Greetings boutique64,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review of our resort with the tripadvisor community. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time while visiting our resort and taking in it's one of a kind views and enjoying our Four Seasons service and resort amenities. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

Best holiday ever. There is something for everyone .we throughly enjoyed every aspect. Food was great and people very friendly .you will not regret staying at the four seasons. My boys didn't want to come home!!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Four Seasons
3  Thank sorans853
Ronny F, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica at Peninsula Papagayo, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Greetings soran853,

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to our resort. We are thrilled that you and your family had such an amazing stay and were able to experience first hand our Four Seasons service we are so proud of. We hope to welcome all of you back in the near future.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

Our room had a view of the blue water below, but we spent as little time as possible in there! We went kayaking and paddleboarding, and ate at almost all the restaurants! The pools are the gorgeous and the ocean is like a bathtub it's so warm! Highly recommended!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank juliettecalderon
Ronny F, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica at Peninsula Papagayo, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Greetings juliettecalderon,

Thank you for sharing the details of your visit. We are thrilled you enjoyed your time paddleboarding and taking a dip in one of our two beaches. We hope to welcome you back in the future.