“Must do!”

and up
ATV Tour in the Papagayo Gulf
Ranked #15 of 32 Tours in Gulf of Papagayo
More attraction details
Owner description: Atv tours, Canopy tours, jet ski tours, horseback ridding, and more!! Local company 100% Costa Rican
Reviewed 5 December 2016

My boyfriend and I did the 4 hours beach and jungle tour on our trip in late November and had a great time! I rode on the back of the ATV since I did not want to drive. The beach tour is nice as you were able to see two beautiful beaches, however, I would highly recommend the jungle tour if you are only choosing one. You travel through a very small local town into the jungle where you go through the water about 10 times (we were lifting our legs up so they didn't get wet) then stopped at a beautiful waterfall where my boyfriend swam around. It was so much fun! Highly recommend this tour - the pickup/drop-off was easy, guide was great.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 15 September 2016

They have 2 tours, one is the beach tour and the other that call the city tour but its really a jungle tour. The beach tour is a great site seeing tour where you will pass through town, residential areas and then onto the beach. Yes you get to actually ride on the beach. In fact we went to several beaches, stopped and had an opportunity to take a quick swim in the ocean. We also stopped at a local tavern for a quick soda or beer. If you just want some great site seeing then this is the tour for you.

However if you are a bit adventurous go for the city (jungle) tour. First things first, wear old clothing including shoes and expect to come back wet and muddy. You will be taken by a guide down small jungle trails and deep into raging muddy waters. It’s remarkable to see some of the homes, country side and animals that are in the jungle areas. Nothing dangerous just kind of an exhilarating ride. If you are the adventurous type I highly recommend this tour.

Reviewed 14 September 2016

For the ATV Tour you had two options - go through the Jungle or go to the beaches. We chose to do the two hour ride through the jungle. The tour takes you on about a 15-20 min ATV ride through the village to where you start the real off-roading experience. Once in the "jungle" (more along the lines of mudding along a river basin in a forest) the tour is about 1 hour and you have the opportunity to see howler monkeys. We had a lot of fun, we had a great tour guide - David Ramiez. We went through mud that was almost at the top of the ATVs a couple times and a couple times I got stuck in the mud. David did a great job getting me unstuck from the mud. If you do this tour, prepare to get VERY dusty and muddy. My husband had a great time driving through the mud and conquering it (not getting stuck). If we had more time we probably would have also tried to the beach ATV tour. At this same location you can do the canopy/zip line tour as well. If you want an off-roading experience we highly recommend this activity!

Reviewed 2 April 2016

Our group was lucky enough to fly through the trees on the Canopy Tour and ride through the town on the ATV's. Everyone at Xtreme Adventures were patient and friendly. We all will return again.

Reviewed 20 March 2016

We signed up for the ATV adventure for 2 hours in the morning. My husband and I wanted to ride the ATV in the morning for a couple of hours because it would be so hot in the afternoon. The guide gave us the option of riding along the beach or to ride around the towns in the area. We chose to ride around the towns to get a better feel of the culture and how the locals live. We had a great time. The guide was excellent; he showed us some monkeys and explained some of the local history along the way. This was a fun adventure.