See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for four nights and did have a good stay. The hotel is a bit far from the center, but that’s okay because you can use one of the bikes if you want to. The room is regular size and has thin walls, but no problem for me since I was the only guest. Bathroom is small and toilet and shower in one. I didn’t have water for one day because they had a leak somewhere. They told me on forehand and provided a bucket of water so that I could at least wash myself. WiFi works fine.
The ceiling fan did work, but was in combination with another vent and made a lot of noice, same with the extra provided standing fan. Staff is nice and tries to help within their knowledge. Overall I had a good stay, but I do think the price is to high for what you receive.
There is an Indian restaurant within the compound which should open soon! The cook, who is very nice, is from India, so they should serve good and tasty food.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 August 2017

What is horrible is how they behave. When I had to cancel the booking because of repatriation (someone in my family died), and asked about cancelation fee, they replied the following 'I really don't have time for this DRAMA'. Burk Attitude !!! I am in shock !!! How to imagine sleeping in a place where people have so disgusting way to behave ? Even in a palace, and for free, I would not !!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2017

I am Irish, stayed here with my girlfriend early June 2017, I heard while in Hopkins, that it is either for you or its not, it definitely was for me, it is a small lazy town on the Caribbean coast, its the perfect place to chill out for a few days or forever. I stayed in the comfort in, in the south end of the village. I absolutely loved my stay here, it is a 1 minute walk down to the beach from the back gate of the property, also in the back garden are hammocks, coconut trees and 2 massive mango trees, where you can eat as many mango as you like, or just relax in a hammock and listen and look at gorgeous collection of birds here. The comfort in is owned by a Canadian man, Tony, but it is all local people who work there. Tony is an absolute gent, very helpful with local info and if he doesn't know the answer his local friends do, Tony is also a great guy to just sit down and have a chat with. The guest house has 10 rooms all air conditioned, 2 rooms have a private balcony, price was very reasonable. one of the most charming things about this place was it is in amongst the local people, you get to know the neighbours, and the people of Belize have to be the friendliest I have ever met. There is a kitchen for use here if needed, however if you walk 400 yards north on the right hand side you will get local creole food from a small place with a blackboard outside, ruby is the lady who owns it, food is beautiful and wholesome and about 10US dollars for 2 meals. There are lots of bars and restaurants within a few mins of the Comfort In, you just need to keep your eye open at night to locate them, as there are not many street light, but you always feel safe here. All in all I cannot speak highly enough of Hopkins and the Comfort In and Tony himself. I really cannot think of any negatives, I just loved it here.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra, get one of the rooms with the balcony, its a lovely place to relax in the evening for a little while.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

I loved this place! Very clean, bright colors, I liked the balcony off the room. Tony, the owner was very helpful and friendly. You can walk to the beach in 2 minutes. I included a picture of the beach, within a hop, skip and a jump, with a beachfront place to eat Belizean food. There is a very nice deck and bar area to sit and talk to other guests and staff. I would look forward to staying there again. Price is great for a very nice accommodation! You won't be disappointed !

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2017 via mobile

We had a great time at the Comfort Inn. Tony and his staff are the best hosts possible, it felt like a second home. The place is super clean, the rooms have everything you need and there is access to a kitchen with ocean view. Hopkins is a chilled and easy going village with a nice beach and not too much tourism. We would love to come back since we enjoyed our time there so much.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple