We booked a week at Hopkins Bay for our honeymoon through a LivingSocial deal in the first week of July 2012. When we arrived, we checked the prices on the Hopkins Bay website, and they had dropped to HALF the deal price that we paid, which frankly irritated me. Then, it was quite an adventure to get to Hopkins, first we took a puddle jumper to Dangriga from Belize City and then we drove 30 minutes or so to get to Hopkins over EXTREMELY rough roads. No matter, that problem is shared by all the resorts in Hopkins.
Which leads me to the second problem - Hopkins Bay Villas is located at the far north end of the village of Hopkins, while the rest of the resorts are at the far south end, so we were extremely isolated. The resort itself is lovely, but absolutely empty during the summer. When we arrived, there was only one other occupied unit of all the units (I think about 35 or so). The onsite restaurant and store were closed. We were literally ALL ALONE. To get to any of the trips or other resorts, we had to bike or take cabs, which was irritating.
The one highlight is the staff at Hopkins Bay, which was truly phenomenal, especially Aaron, Mark and Patricia. They were extremely accommodating, friendly, and helpful. They easily moved us after the first unit was overrun by ants (although, the second unit we were in was very ant filled as well - this is either a problem in Hopkins or a problem all over Hopkins Bay Villas).
Frankly, I would recommend that if you are coming during the off season (April - November), stay at one of the larger resorts (Jaguar Bay or Hamanasi) as they are much bigger and have many more amenities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hopkins Bay is an upscale Belize beach resort ideally situated on the Caribbean Sea near the Garifuna village of Hopkins in the Stann Creek District. Our private Belize beach resort offers comfortable garden and beachfront accommodation in a lush tropical paradise. Hopkins Bay Belize is the ideal spot where couples or families can enjoy a relaxing setting. Couples can enjoy a romantic getaway in a one-bedroom beach loft and families can make themselves at home in a two or three-bedroom beach house. Whatever accommodation you choose, you'll be just a stone's throw away from the beach and an unforgettable Belize vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Hopkins Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hopkins Bay Villas Hotel Hopkins
- Hopkins Bay Hotel
- Hopkins Bay Resort Belize