We recently returned from a vacation in Belize. We spent seven nights at this high caliber but favorably priced resort on the north end of Hopkins Village. The resort had an outstanding ambiance, excellent meals and highly responsive but not intrusive staff.
As soon as we arrived from Belize City in our rented car at 8 pm, we were greeted by Aaron (the concierge) who made us feel right at home and showed us to our villa. Seeing that we were tired, he provided a quick summary of all the amenities and informed us that he would go over these again the next day if needed. He certainly obliged us to this with a friendly smile.
The villas are all exceptional with three large ensuite bedrooms, a living and dining area, and a fully stocked kitchen that the two adults and three children found very comfortable and convenient. The pool and the beach were literally at the doorstep. Both the upstairs bedroom and the main floor has large decks on which we would sit and relax listening to the ocean waves and the birds singing. The garden is a beautiful tropical paradise and they have a large infinity pool. There are hammocks on the beach to laze in and soak up the sun, and we had free access to bikes and kayaks. They also had a great free wireless signal (which you may want to ignore if you want to truly enjoy this luxurious paradise).
Aaron arranged several trips for us including to Monkey River, zip lining and snorkeling. The tours and activities were outstanding with very well informed and friendly guides. Fallon (the manager) and Sarah at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. We had a couple of outstanding meals (and wine) at the resort restaurant (Beachside Bistro) with great service. I highly recommend eating here. Hopkins also has other very fine restaurants including Love on the Rocks and Chef Robs. The food at these three restaurants could match or exceed almost any restaurant that you would find in large cities in the US (service can be slow- but this is Belize and everything is laid back).
Hopkins village is worth exploring. The local people are Garifuna. They were very friendly and it was very safe to walk or bike around the village even at night.
Writing this review makes me want to be back there immediately. I can not wait to get back to HB Villas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hopkins Bay is an upscale Belize beach resort ideally situated on the Caribbean Sea near the Garifuna village of Hopkins in the Stann Creek District. Our private Belize beach resort offers comfortable garden and beachfront accommodation in a lush tropical paradise. Hopkins Bay Belize is the ideal spot where couples or families can enjoy a relaxing setting. Couples can enjoy a romantic getaway in a one-bedroom beach loft and families can make themselves at home in a two or three-bedroom beach house. Whatever accommodation you choose, you'll be just a stone's throw away from the beach and an unforgettable Belize vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Hopkins Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hopkins Bay Villas Hotel Hopkins
- Hopkins Bay Hotel
- Hopkins Bay Resort Belize