We had a week long vacation to Belizean Dreams Resort. It is in the small village of Hopkins, Belize. Not the place to go if you are looking for nightlife. The really nice thing about Hopkins is that it is a beach resort, in the jungle. If you look in one direction, you have all of the water sports you might want. If you turn around, you have all of the inland activities you might want.
Travel is a bit tough, due to the road repair needs. Plans are in place, most importantly, to repave to road to Hopkins. That will improve the travel inland dramatically.
The people are sure nice. All the people at the resort are extremely helpful and personable. The people in town are friendly, and you have to spend some time in town, even if just to spend some money.
We had an all inclusive deal that included all meals at the resort, plus all the hot snacks we wanted. We didn't get to eat in town. There were several restaurants that people recommended and enjoyed. We really liked the resort restaurant, never having to repeat the same meal. We did eat a lot of lobster, because we like lobster. Shrimp tacos by the pool with a rum punch by Charles is a great way to wind down from a tour.
Our deal included $350 US in drinks from the bar. We drank lots of different drinks, sampled from the list, never busted our budget, and never felt like we were not getting everything we wanted. As Charles says, "Why not, you are on vacation."
Our room was an upstairs romantic vista room. Nice balcony. The only drawback was that the bathroom was connected to the sleeping quarters over a vaulted ceiling and the outer doors were hanging doors. A bit of noise if you are a light sleeper. Just turn on your sleeping music on itunes and you are all set.
Tours were great. Definitely do the cave tubing and zip lining. If you like strenuous hikes (we're from Colorado, so I'm not kidding here,) do the Mayflower Waterfall hike. Well worth getting soaked with sweat on the way up the mountain. If the tour you want is not available on a certain day, you can do a tour with a neighboring resort, but you'll have to pay their fees. Our tours were part of the package, and we took full advantage.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a small, intimate Belizean Owned and Managed Resort nestled on the coast of Hopkins Village, southern Belize. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Belizean Dreams reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belizean Dreams Hotel Hopkins
- Belizean Dreams Hotel Dangriga
- Belizean Dreams Dangriga
- Belizean Dreams Belize/Hopkins