“The Staff Went Above and Beyond!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hopkins
Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Hopkins
GreenLeadersGold level
Panama City Beach
“The Staff Went Above and Beyond!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2012

My husband and I actually stayed at another resort but due to lack of activities we were directed to Hamanasi. We went out on 3 tours with them and had a blast. The staff was always friendly and even called us by name when we came in to visit. (Our own resort staff had no clue what our names were) We felt so welcomed here. If we ever come back to Hopkins we will definitely stay with Hamanasi.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Patti S
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (653)
calgary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2012

My husband and I just spent a few days at the Hamanasi Resort and we absolutely fell in love with this small but beautiful resort in Belize. From the moment we got there to the minute we left we were treated like special people by the kind and helpful staff. To top it off, we were married on a private grove on the beach and it fulfilled all our expectations and more. Patricia, the wedding planner, took care of every detail to ensure a beautiful and stress free ceremony. We couldn't ask for a more peaceful and romantic setting! We hope to return to celebrate an anniversary. We highly recommend Hamanasi as a fantastic location to relax, dive, hike and oh yeah, get hitched!! Thanks to all the wonderul staff for making our stay one we will never forget.

Room Tip: We stayed in a treehouse and it was perfect for a couple.
3 Thank cpwCalgary
Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2012

I absolutely adore Hamanasi. Let me tell you why:

Earlier this summer, my girlfriend surprised me with a whale shark scuba diving adventure in Belize. Originally, I had thought we were going to the Victoria House on Ambergris Caye, our normal destination that time of year. When we got of the plane in Belize City, however, my girlfriend informed me we were heading south. This was a bit troubling for me, though I had good reason: I had called ahead to VH weeks before to inform them I would be proposing to my girlfriend at sundown on the beach by the resort. I had reserved a photographer, videographer, dinner table, etc. When my girlfriend pulled the fast one on me at the airport, I thought I was going to need a barf bag from one of the planes. The ring was hidden in my carryon.

When we got to Hamanasi (a place I knew nothing about), I didn't know what to expect. It was beautiful. We had a sort of private jungle suite that was pretty cool though I couldn't really enjoy much what with my heart about to explode in anticipation. The first night we were there, while my girlfriend was taking a shower, I literally sprinted to the front desk to explain the situation. I had an entire compartment of my suitcase filled with shells (the idea being that I would lay them out on the beach, she would find them while we walked by, and find the ring in the biggest shell. Yes, I'm for real...). I spewed all of this at them in less than thirty seconds, explaining it was a huge surprise and was there any way they could help me out and I needed to be back in the room in two minutes before she noticed I was gone. The lady at the front paused for two seconds, and said "Done."

The next night we got engaged on the beach. The staff was there and took the priceless photos now going out on our save-the-dates. They did an incredible job.
I will never forget them or that beautiful place.

The food is the best of any resort I've ever been to. No joke.

Also the whale sharks were awesome, though they won't let you ride them.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank thegivingsteve
Santa Monica, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012

There are a number of things I could go on and on about....the views, the facilities, the activities, the food, but I'd like to focus on the service. I came to Hamanasi on my honeymoon and the service was unlike anything I've ever experienced. These guys could get you anything you ask for, and everyone on the facility from the gardeners to the managers will introduce themselves to you and for the rest of the time there they will know your name. No detail is left unaddressed. It was our honeymoon so once they realized that, they waited until we stepped out and left a really nice treat for us...a bottle of champagne on ice, local chocolates, handwritten letter, etc. The bar tenders are amazing as well. The bar does happy hour for a 4-6 each day with half price drinks all of which are delicious! The food, though a little pricey, is more than worth it. In fact, we had the lobster on our last night and for desert, we ate another lobster...it was the best lobster we've ever had.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms have a waterfront view, so it seems like it'd be tough to get a bad room. That...
2 Thank CoryGreenwell
Plano, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2012

Don't let the marketing of Hamanasi fool you. They appear to be focussed on diving and adventure but their true passion is clearly customer service. We were first exposed to this as we were picked up at the airport and it continued for the entirety of our stay. The entire staff seemed to know our names after the first hour and were quick to give us personal greetings as we saw them. The personalities and generosity is by far their best asset. Because of this, the adventures and activities were all the more amazing. My wife and I are not divers, but Hamanasi offered us a week of snorkling and adventures that kept us busy and entertained. We kayaked down the Sittee River, hiked/crawled through a mile long cave, swam the inland blue hole, explored the Mayan ruins, climbed the Mayflower Waterfall and were able to come back to the resort everyday and enjoy a delicious meal and drinks brought to us on the beach. On all of our adventures, our guides were not only friendly and entertaining, but were passionate about teaching us about the different cultures of Belize and all that the environment of the area had to offer. The grounds of the resort were amazing as well. They took care everyday to keep everything to the highest of standards. Because this was our honeymoon, we were able to stay in one of their deluxe treehouses. It was close to everything that we needed yet felt secluded nestled among the trees. It was a bit of luxury in the jungle. We had a hammock and jacuzi on the veranda, a massive bathroom with double shower heads and a bed that was perfect for resting off the days work. Everyday, the housekeeping staff to care to make our room as it was when we first arrived. I personally would like to thank the staff for delivering in more ways than we could imagine. Special thanks to Karina, Hartfield, Lorenzo, Pedro, Franklin, Suzet, Ambrosio, Abby, Kim, Florita, Terry, Melonie, Golden, Joycelyn, Daryl and Tiffany who went out of their way for us. I think the fact that we could remember all of these names is a testament to the impact of the service of the staff on our vacation. Thank you!

Tony and Laura

4 Thank Tony S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hopkins
0.5 km away
4.0 km away
Hopkins Bay Resort
Hopkins Bay Resort
#5 of 11 in Hopkins

Been to Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK