Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort
Hopkins Bay, a Muy'Ono Resort(Hopkins)
US$ 202
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
Coconut Row(Hopkins)
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,092 results
All reviewsdeluxe treehousehamanasi stafftree housemayan ruinsour honeymoonc doglion fishinland adventuresmayflower hikeorganic gardenbig daddyadventure centersea dogbeachfront roomblue holehamanasi offersother guests
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 August 2012

My husband and I just spent a few days at the Hamanasi Resort and we absolutely fell in love with this small but beautiful resort in Belize. From the moment we got there to the minute we left we were treated like special people by the kind and helpful staff. To top it off, we were married on a private grove on the beach and it fulfilled all our expectations and more. Patricia, the wedding planner, took care of every detail to ensure a beautiful and stress free ceremony. We couldn't ask for a more peaceful and romantic setting! We hope to return to celebrate an anniversary. We highly recommend Hamanasi as a fantastic location to relax, dive, hike and oh yeah, get hitched!! Thanks to all the wonderul staff for making our stay one we will never forget.

Room Tip: We stayed in a treehouse and it was perfect for a couple.
3  Thank cpwCalgary
Reviewed 16 August 2012

I absolutely adore Hamanasi. Let me tell you why:

Earlier this summer, my girlfriend surprised me with a whale shark scuba diving adventure in Belize. Originally, I had thought we were going to the Victoria House on Ambergris Caye, our normal destination that time of year. When we got of the plane in Belize City, however, my girlfriend informed me we were heading south. This was a bit troubling for me, though I had good reason: I had called ahead to VH weeks before to inform them I would be proposing to my girlfriend at sundown on the beach by the resort. I had reserved a photographer, videographer, dinner table, etc. When my girlfriend pulled the fast one on me at the airport, I thought I was going to need a barf bag from one of the planes. The ring was hidden in my carryon.

When we got to Hamanasi (a place I knew nothing about), I didn't know what to expect. It was beautiful. We had a sort of private jungle suite that was pretty cool though I couldn't really enjoy much what with my heart about to explode in anticipation. The first night we were there, while my girlfriend was taking a shower, I literally sprinted to the front desk to explain the situation. I had an entire compartment of my suitcase filled with shells (the idea being that I would lay them out on the beach, she would find them while we walked by, and find the ring in the biggest shell. Yes, I'm for real...). I spewed all of this at them in less than thirty seconds, explaining it was a huge surprise and was there any way they could help me out and I needed to be back in the room in two minutes before she noticed I was gone. The lady at the front paused for two seconds, and said "Done."

The next night we got engaged on the beach. The staff was there and took the priceless photos now going out on our save-the-dates. They did an incredible job.
I will never forget them or that beautiful place.

The food is the best of any resort I've ever been to. No joke.

Also the whale sharks were awesome, though they won't let you ride them.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank thegivingsteve
Reviewed 12 August 2012

There are a number of things I could go on and on about....the views, the facilities, the activities, the food, but I'd like to focus on the service. I came to Hamanasi on my honeymoon and the service was unlike anything I've ever experienced. These guys could get you anything you ask for, and everyone on the facility from the gardeners to the managers will introduce themselves to you and for the rest of the time there they will know your name. No detail is left unaddressed. It was our honeymoon so once they realized that, they waited until we stepped out and left a really nice treat for us...a bottle of champagne on ice, local chocolates, handwritten letter, etc. The bar tenders are amazing as well. The bar does happy hour for a 4-6 each day with half price drinks all of which are delicious! The food, though a little pricey, is more than worth it. In fact, we had the lobster on our last night and for desert, we ate another lobster...it was the best lobster we've ever had.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms have a waterfront view, so it seems like it'd be tough to get a bad room. That said, we were in #5 and I think it was one of the best rooms there...
2  Thank CoryGreenwell
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Don't let the marketing of Hamanasi fool you. They appear to be focussed on diving and adventure but their true passion is clearly customer service. We were first exposed to this as we were picked up at the airport and it continued for the entirety of our stay. The entire staff seemed to know our names after the first hour and were quick to give us personal greetings as we saw them. The personalities and generosity is by far their best asset. Because of this, the adventures and activities were all the more amazing. My wife and I are not divers, but Hamanasi offered us a week of snorkling and adventures that kept us busy and entertained. We kayaked down the Sittee River, hiked/crawled through a mile long cave, swam the inland blue hole, explored the Mayan ruins, climbed the Mayflower Waterfall and were able to come back to the resort everyday and enjoy a delicious meal and drinks brought to us on the beach. On all of our adventures, our guides were not only friendly and entertaining, but were passionate about teaching us about the different cultures of Belize and all that the environment of the area had to offer. The grounds of the resort were amazing as well. They took care everyday to keep everything to the highest of standards. Because this was our honeymoon, we were able to stay in one of their deluxe treehouses. It was close to everything that we needed yet felt secluded nestled among the trees. It was a bit of luxury in the jungle. We had a hammock and jacuzi on the veranda, a massive bathroom with double shower heads and a bed that was perfect for resting off the days work. Everyday, the housekeeping staff to care to make our room as it was when we first arrived. I personally would like to thank the staff for delivering in more ways than we could imagine. Special thanks to Karina, Hartfield, Lorenzo, Pedro, Franklin, Suzet, Ambrosio, Abby, Kim, Florita, Terry, Melonie, Golden, Joycelyn, Daryl and Tiffany who went out of their way for us. I think the fact that we could remember all of these names is a testament to the impact of the service of the staff on our vacation. Thank you!

Tony and Laura

4  Thank Tony S
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Our family of four (we have a 13 year old and a 14 year old, both boys) spent 10 days at Hamanasi in July of 2012. We had a truly magical time and I just can't say enough about Hamanasi. Each and every member of the staff was amazing - warm, friendly, and caring. Every staff member knew our names after the first night! The Hamanasi staff were great ambassadors - not just for Hamanasi, but also for their village, Hopkins, and Belize. The question we were most frequently asked was whether or not we were enjoying our vacation in their beautiful Belize - the answer was an unequivocal yes! They knew what we had done each day, and really wanted to make sure that we had a wonderful time. Our boys loved the staff - they spent time talking to them and enjoyed spending time with them. My husband and oldest son did a lot of diving, as my 14 year old got PADI certified. The dive staff was wonderful with my son - they were focused on safety and had such a wealth of knowledge. The dive team made the trip very special for both my son and my husband - a great team! My youngest son and I snorkeled for the first time - again a great staff and such knowledge about the reef and its inhabitants! My son had a great time taking pictures of the underwater life and snorkeling - he saw a shark, lots of rays and sea turtles, in addition to all of the fish and coral. We also did a number of the inland tours - the Mayan ruins (spectacular - we were lucky enough to see work being done to uncover additional areas of the ruins at one of the sites!), kayaking, zip lining and cave tubing (I highly recommend this - just amazing!). Our guides, particularly those from Hamanasi, but also those in the other activities that Hamanasi would arrange were incredibly knowledgeable and again, so proud of the history of Belize and its land and sites. We stayed in the beachfront rooms, and they were wonderful - comfortable, spotlessly clean and stocked with wonderful soaps and shampoos. Hamanasi's emphasis on being green was really displayed, as they provide a big cooler of water and a stainless steel drinking bottle for each person, as well as not using plastic containers for the shampoo, etc. The air conditioner and ceiling fan kept the rooms very comfortable and our beds were turned down each night. We had a hammock on our deck, which we enjoyed. The food was amazing - delicious and served by the wonderful staff. Everything was made by the "ladies in the kitchen" - homemade breads and rolls each morning! The lunches were delicious - maybe too much - and the dinners were delicious - plenty of choices, and my sometimes picky boys loved everything (and tried a lot of things I would have never expected them to try!) My youngest sone went fly fishing on the reef and brought back a trunkfish - the ladies in the kitchen prepared it in a couple of different ways and provided dipping sauces and we had it as our appetizer that night. My sone was very proud - he asked some of the staff and other guests to try "his" fish. Best of all, Hamanasi was willing to share some of the recipes, so we can make these special dishes at home. The property is stunning - beautifully maintained and a hammock whenever you needed one. The beach was beautifully maintained and the landscaping was beautiful. I mentioned Hamanasi's efforts to be green earlier - make sure that you visit their beautiful organic garden. Their garden staff love to give tours, and will explain how they compost leftover food, etc from the resort to use in organic garden. You will see many things at dinner that came directly from their garden. This was truly an exceptional vacation, and it was Hamanasi's staff who made it so. We would love to return to Hamanasi again, and highly recommend it and Belize as a wonderful place for a family vacation. Our boys not only had a great time, they learned a lot about Belize and its people. Don't change a thing!

Room Tip: We had a room on the end of the second floor of the beachfront units - it was quiet and we enjoyed our balcony. The view of the Caribbean is obstructed by some palm trees, but it was beautiful.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family