“The trip of a lifetime” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hopkins
Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Hopkins
GreenLeadersGold level
cherry Hill, NJ
“The trip of a lifetime”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

My week at Hamanasi exceeded every joyful dream I had. The room was clean and beautiful. The food was exceptional ( even with my special diet). The tours were led by experts who went out of their way to accommodate my needs. AND the snorkeling was superb.... I didn't want to get out of the water. But most important of all was the staff, who were friendly, gracious, and always willing to be helpful; not only with the trip planning but every day I was there. I would return instantly if I could get another vacation soon. I came home relaxed, happy, and eager to plan another trip.
Lee Manns

Room Tip: try the beach rooms - quiet, close to the sea ,pool, dining area and office
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Lee M
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (654)
Berkeley
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

We read probably most of the 700+ reviews about Hamanasi and somewhere, we still thought "can this be right? There's nowhere that EVERYBODY loves and gushes over, right?" Wrong. The Hamanasi resort lived up to all the adulation and fabulous reviews. It was simply a slice of paradise in a country that has begun to steal my heart. from the pick-up at the airport by Golden in his van, to the welcome by the Hamanasi team, in particular Karina and Ernest, through the delicious and delightful menus that changed every day to the dive crews that were just the BEST, this resort really wins my vote hands down - and I've been around.
The grounds are spotless and tended by friendly staff, the meals are wonderful, the pool discrete, the beach lovely and best of al, this really IS an eco-friendly place down to the little wooden shampoo flasks instead of ugly wasteful plastic ones and the use of REAL cutlery and re-useable cups and dishware on the picnics instead of the usual throw-away stuff. They've even started composting. And Hamanasi is having a positive ecological effect on it's surroundings and the local population.
I want to finish by saying again what a wonderful dive crew we had - all of them. The captains, John and Dale, the Dive masters Tyrrell, C-Dog and Elvis and last but not least, because he ran the whole show, Toby. The entire management staff and wait staff deserve accolades in fact.
The diving is spectacular and the reefs almost pristine - yes, we dived with whale sharks and we dived the Blue Hole and Toby and his team made our dive days perfect. Thank you.

Room Tip: The Honeymoon suite is fabulous but all the rooms seem great!
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ahote
Missoula
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

I took my two kids (ages 10 and 15 for a special trip to celebrate my 50th year. We wanted an exotic location, peaceful time together, relaxing beach time, and opportunities for active adventures. Hamanasi delivered all of these, exceeding our (high) expectations. The resort was beautiful, the food delicious, and everything we did was enjoyable. My kids were astonished at the attentive service, and formed personal connections with the warm and friendly staff. Really, it was the most memorable trip we have ever made, and I hope we have the opportunity to return.

I especially loved the fact that we were not in the middle of a developed high-rise resort area as on the Yucatan coast of Mexico, and I loved the opportunities to go inland and explore the jungle and mountains. I do agree with the visitor who mentioned the sand fleas; we were eaten up and came home looking like we had chicken pox. But that was a small price to pay for a magnificent vacation.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the treehouse, but my kids expressed a wish to have gotten a beachfront room. I loved t...
2 Thank Balsamroot
Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

The staff at Hamanasi knows how to treat their most valuable asset. Here's what they get that other resorts don't. First, they provide a quiet setting. How many resorts have you been to where there's a TV or loud music playing in the bar, at the beach, and in your room? It's insane. Hamanasi knows I don't want to watch TV or listen to loud music while I'm trying to relax. Second, they treat everyone with sincere respect and a desire to please. It's not easy to hire the majority of your staff that has these skills. Based on how pervasive it was during my stay, I have to believe Belizeans are more prone to this type of social interaction than other cultures (i.e., they are truly good people). If I'm wrong, then Hamanasi has an incredible staff training program that even Disney could learn from. Third, the dive masters/crew are extremely safe, very knowledgable, and easy going. Fourth, the setting is out of a movie. While other resorts have cut down trees for the "view", Hamanasi realized keeping the trees is better for the environment and provides a much more romantic setting. Fifth, participating in their effort to leave a small footprint on the planet gave me the feeling that I was “doing my part” (even if it was a small contribution to our environment). Sixth, not having to touch my gear from the minute I arrived to the day I packed up (including changing the BC to the next tank) was a luxury I don’t always get. Lastly, seeing whale sharks while diving with my daughter was a thrill I’ll never forget. If you’re looking for a party every night, don’t come to Hamanasi. If you’re looking to stay at a first class luxurious and peaceful dive resort, look no further.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Deluxe tree house, which was necessary for a family of four.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Hydromaniac
Pinehurst, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

Hamanasi is a true gem of a resort! My family and I (two adults and four kids ages 9-17) just got home from a week in Belize at this resort. First of all, the property is immaculate and beautiful all around. The outdoor areas are kept spotless and raked every day. Flowers and birds abound, and the property is lush with tropical trees and plants. The rooms are done in dark wood with white linens and are cool and restful. The staff kept everything very clean. We were in a beachfront room while our kids were in another specially prepared room downstairs from us. At first I was nervous that the kids were not with us, but it worked out perfectly. The whole resort is completely safe, and one feels like a part of the family when there. Everyone looks out for you! We got to know the staff by name (and they knew us... somehow!) and our every wish was taken care of right away. My son wanted a Garifuna drum and Karina, the resort manager, went into town and found two for him to choose from. That is the kind of service that you are treated to at Hamanasi! Our excursions were so much fun. We went zip lining, cave tubing, visited Mayan ruins, and even swam with a whale shark (yes... really!). Every time we went out we felt cared for and looked after. The country of Belize, itself, is burdened with poverty and it is obvious when you first drive out of the airport... but Hamanasi is like an oasis on the sea and you will feel very comfortable within this resort. I HIGHLY recommend going to Hamanasi for your next tropical vacation! It is truly paradise!

Room Tip: Beachfront rooms were lovely and comfortable. Honeymoon suite was fantastic!
1 Thank Kimberly S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hopkins
0.5 km away
Belizean Dreams
#2 of 11 in Hopkins
0.5 km away
Almond Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Hamanasi Adventure and Dive Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK