There are 2 wings - the tower block and the resort block - which are linked by a covered overhead pedestrian bridge. We stayed at the resort block facing the pool.
The pluses - (a) convenient location along Ferringhi area, (b) competitive rates, and (c) generally helpful and friendly staff.
The grouses - (a) hotel has a tired feeling, (b) rooms show signs of wear and tear, (c) for rooms facing the sea, the loud thumping disco music from next door (a Thai Seafood Village) is audible until about 1 or 2 am (the hotel did offer us a change of room but we were not sure if the noise problem would be solved), (d) limited dining choice (only 1 restaurant/ cafe), (e) very very crowded breakfast at the restaurant (although the staff tries very hard and must be commended for its patience and diligence), and (f) a general lack of nice laid-back resort feel.
I suppose when the hotel offers such competitive rates, you must expect some crowd especially tourists on their summer break. If you are looking for a peaceful resort where you can quietly sip an iced drink on the beach while looking out to the sea, this is probably not it (the beach is narrow and packed with jet ski, fast boat and other water sports operators and locals offering horse rides).
I have my utmost respect for the patient and diligent staff of this hotel. However, I will not return to this hotel, not least because there are just so many alternatives in Penang.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Resort Penang, together with its excellent location in the heart of famous Batu Ferringhi makes it easily accessible to the Night Market, shops and restaurants. The resort is situated right on the beach, split into two buildings- the Beach Wing, located at the beachside, or Ferringhi Tower, located directly across the road to the beach. The Ferringhi Tower commands spectacular views of both the hills and sea front and is linked by an overhead covered walkway. 358 spacious rooms with a great combination of Family Studios and Kidsuites, the resort is perfect for families and couples looking for a retreat. To also make your every moment of your stay an absolute delight, we make every dining experience special in its own way. As the only hotel offering speciality Northern Indian cuisine, it will be feast that will leave you with 'spicy' memories. At the Holiday Inn Resort Penang, you will discover an exotic way to truly enjoy your vacation and cherish every minute of it. Right from the warmth of the people, the quaint sights & sounds of the island's rich cultural heritage and the rejuvenating hospitality of Holiday Inn Resort Penang. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Ctrip TA, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Penang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Penang Hotel Batu Ferringhi
- Holiday Inn Penang
- Holiday Inn Georgetown
- Georgetown Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Resort Penang Batu Ferringhi