As we near the end of our trip it is worth recording that this is one of the finest hotels we have ever stayed at. We would normally look to fill a two week holiday with plenty of trips and excursions but this time have done absolutely nothing - this is mainly due to the hotel, grounds and pools.
We stayed in the Garden Wing which is perfect for families. If we had been without kids the Rasa Wing would have been lovely but no need really. Room a little tight but very well appointed and very well looked after by the two visits from housekeeping every day. Good sea view, though the trees do obscure it a little.
As we stayed on B&B this was crucial and it didn't disappoint. The variety was incredible and the quality not far behind. The bread and butter pudding was a first at breakfast but was beautiful. Curry, egg bar, chinese, western, fruit, cereal, pancakes and so forth - just brilliant.
Not the best we have seen but pretty good. Bubbles in two spots. Just watch your feet on the 'rocks' to the side, and some tricky steps. Having said all that it is big, never that busy and the water very clean. No illnesses picked up with two girls (10 and 8) and a lot of swimming! Sunbeds really well looked after and really comfy. Plenty of space on grass, and plenty of shade to be found under palms, just brilliant. Sunset amazing, and always took our happy hour at the pool bar watching the sun go down.
Don't bother unless you are walking along it, or doing water sports. Water filthy and jellyfish. Current not worth trying anyway. Luckily for us we weren't bothered.
The friendliest we have experienced anywhere in the world - thank you. Never felt pressurised to tip, nothing was too much trouble. This is the key asset to the Rasa.
Went every night to eat as the prices are unbelievable and the quality excellent - urge anyone to do the same - head for Long Beach cafe (see my other review). Also some good purchases in the markets - money went a long way.
A little pricey here at times, but a) it is a 5 star so b) get over it
Quite simply the best possible place to unwind and enjoy our 15th wedding anniversary with our two kids who had a whale of a time - we'll be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shangri-La's Rasa Sayang Resort and Spa has a sense of history, place and tradition. A 5 star resort located in Batu Feringgi, Penang Malaysia. The sprawling gardens of the resort are ideal for team building exercises, outdoor meetings and allow you to enjoy your meetings and conventions in a tropical setting. Exchanging lifetime vows under our sheltering rain trees will make your wedding unforgettable. Also, nothing creates more wonderful memories than a perfect day in our beautiful gardens. Rasa Sayang resort and Spa is also connected to George Town via our complimentary daily shuttle. With so much cultural history and vibrant street art, it's no surprise that Penang's capital, George Town, has been designated as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.George Town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Shangri-La's Rasa Sayang Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Rasa Sayang Hotel Batu Ferringhi
- Shangri-La`s Rasa Sayang Resort And Spa
- Shangri Las Rasa Sayang Hotel
- Rasa Sayang Penang
- Shangri Las Rasa Sayang Resort
- Shangri-La's Rasa Sayang Resort & Spa Penang/Batu Ferringhi