My wife and I stayed for 20 nights in March 2012 in the Garden Wing, this was our 5th visit and in our opinion why we enjoy this hotel so much is the staff who are so friendly, efficient and who are always willing to attend to our needs.
Just a few names - Varonica on Reception cool, calm and collective, nothing is too much trouble and she is always very friendly, Vanitha in Spice Market always so cheerful and friendly in the mornings, Gooner and Barry in the Penang Beach Bar friendly helpful chatty also anticipate our needs, Lee in the Ferringh Grill very very cheerful and helped to make our special evening also Steven the Foot Therapist who always gave a good foot message as well as giving us useful information on Penang and Malaysia. Not forgetting Jessica who was in charge of Food and Beverage, and once again couldn't do enought to help make it a fantastic holiday.
We had a Garden Wing Room which now have a flat screen TV and also fresh fruit and water every day. The room was very good, kept very clean and with everything that you require. Do ensure that you do not accidentally push the 'Do Not Disturb' switch positioned next to the main light switch (which we did) and wondered why the room had not been made up.
Spice Market Breakfast excellent lots of choice, western, oriental, Indian, Malaysian a funny thing that happened on a few occasions was receiving serving spoons instead of desert spoons for our cereals, we had a good laugh over this. The Ferringhi Grill is well worth a visit, it is expensive, especially the wine, but the food was superb and the ambience was just right.
The free shuttle bus to George Town is so handy would recommend you use this.
Location of Hotel is ideal for the night market and various restaurants, we used the Long Beach Hawker Stalls on numerous occassions (average cost 75 ringitts for 2 including 3 bottles of beer), Malaysian Kitchen excellent food (average cost 115 ringitts for 2 including a jug of beer).
Would recommend that you try Mr Foo, his son and son-in-law on the beach for messages (60 riningitts for one person).
We always enjoy the Rasa and will be going back again next year.
An example of this hotels service our daughter sent a Mothersday card which didn't arrive until after we had returned home, the hotel phoned us to inform it had arrived after we had left and they would post it on to us. Don't think many hotels would do this sort of service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shangri-La's Rasa Sayang Resort and Spa has a sense of history, place and tradition. A 5 star resort located in Batu Feringgi, Penang Malaysia. The sprawling gardens of the resort are ideal for team building exercises, outdoor meetings and allow you to enjoy your meetings and conventions in a tropical setting. Exchanging lifetime vows under our sheltering rain trees will make your wedding unforgettable. Also, nothing creates more wonderful memories than a perfect day in our beautiful gardens. Rasa Sayang resort and Spa is also connected to George Town via our complimentary daily shuttle. With so much cultural history and vibrant street art, it's no surprise that Penang's capital, George Town, has been designated as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.George Town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Shangri-La's Rasa Sayang Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Rasa Sayang Resort And Spa
- Shangri-La`s Rasa Sayang Hotel Batu Ferringhi
- Shangri Las Rasa Sayang Hotel
- Rasa Sayang Penang
- Shangri Las Rasa Sayang Resort
- Shangri-La's Rasa Sayang Resort & Spa Penang/Batu Ferringhi