Have stayed at Kiwi Pakas chalets in Waitomo twice now, and will try harder to find other accomodation next time we take guests down there... OK, it certainly has positives: very central location, well-managed, quite clean, reasonably friendly staff, good breakfasts. But it's certainly not great value....
Don't expect to sleep well, uncomfortable beds (too soft), paper thin walls, hear EVERYTHING going on, even people whispering outside. Also - one of my pet peeves: squeeky doors! Forget touching bathroom door unless you want to wake everybody up - before you actually use the toilet... So annoying, as this is so easy and costs nothing to fix!
Rooms are EXTREMELY basic, examples: not a single hook in the whole room, i.e. absolutely nowhere to hang clothes or wet jacket.
Only one chair in 2 person chalet, two chairs in 4-person chalet. Can't hang used clothes on them either. Yeah, it's nice with a balcony etc. but don't expect to actually be able to sit out there on anything...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waitomo Kiwipaka has backpackers accommodation as well as Chalet rooms. There is also a Pizzeria café/restaurant on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Kiwi Paka Waitomo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kiwi Paka Waitomo Hotel Waitomo Caves
- Kiwi Paka Waitomo North Island