I am writing in regards to our recent stay at Chateau Élan, and just wished to provide some feedback about our stay.
My partner and I stayed for 2 nights, arriving on Mid March, and were amazed by the beautiful grounds as we drove in,looking very forward to a mid week getaway from a hectic few months
When we proceeded to check in, we were completely ignored by receptionstaff, who only acknowledged us when we sat down in front of one ofthem. The gentleman who checked us in was very efficient, yet not veryinformative. Being our first time to the Hunter Valley we were
interested in winery tours and restaurants, however he did not seeminterested in assisting or providing much information, so we decidedto take a Hunter Valley brochure and research ourselves.
We were very impressed with our villa itself, it was very modern yethomely and the fire place feature was definitely a favourite for bothof us, as well as the beautiful look out over the golf course.
We called reception to assist us with dinner recommendations, where wewere assisted by a young lady, who recommended a restaurant & advisedshe would make the reservation for us. When she called back I wassurprised to pick up the phone to “Yeah, sorry they’re closed
tonight”, which I wouldn’t really classify as 5 star service. Iunderstand being in an such an area you may be aiming towards a morecasual approach to service, however there is a difference between thisand being outright unhelpful and unprofessional. Admittedly, most of
our interactions with reception staff were similar to this, so weended up organising our wine tours and restaurant bookings ourselves.
We did also have an issue with the housekeeping standards.We returned to our room after being out for the day, to find that thebed cover had literally been thrown over the bed, the water glasses inour kitchen were still dirty, the bathroom amenities were not replacedand the bedroom and bathroom had not been vacuumed, as there was still
evidently hair on the floor.
Breakfast each morning was below average. The first morning was a buffet selection, but unfortunately all hot items were warm and soggy. The second morning was not a buffet selection, the chef was cooking made to order. This did sound appealing until both orders arrived to the table and were incorrect. Both morning the coffee's were undrinkable.
When reception staff on check out asked how we enjoyed our stay, our
response of “ok, a few small issues” did not seem to prompt any
further questions or action, just an awkward smile.
I appreciate these are not major issues; however it was the little
details that added up and resulted in us being disappointed with our
I email these details to the Manager and being consistant with the poor service at the resort, there was no response from her.
Over all I would not recommend Chateau Elan!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chateau Elan at The Vintage is Australia's finest golf and spa resort. Located in the heart of Hunter Valley wine country, Chateau Elan offers luxury retreats for up to 200 guests.The Spa at Chateau Elan has 17 treatment rooms and a vast range of specialised treatments available. Guests can choose from 3 types of luxury accommodation - Spa Suites, One bed bedroom self-contained Villas and King Rooms. The hotel overlooks the fairways of the Greg Norman-designed course Vintage golf course. Chateau Elan is 2 hour drive north of Sydney. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prestigia, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Chateau Elan Hunter Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Elan Hunter Valley Hotel Rothbury
- Chateau Elan Hunter Valley Greater Newcastle/Rothbury