All reviews decided to give it a try expensive place buggy rental location is great cakes juice bungalow wc island pousada brazil
Reviewed 29 September 2017

I spent an entire week here and I asked myself many times what would be a fair review for this place.
Let's start from the positive aspects. The location is wonderful and peaceful. Just in front of Sueste Beach, five minutes from anywhere (the island is tiny). The Posada has 9 or 10 comfortable bungalows, large and well equipped. It is never crowdy or noisy. The bungalows are surrounded by green areas. Everything is beautiful and relaxing. The staff is friendly and welcoming, always at your disposal. The daily cleaning is really accurate and this amazed me considering the amount of sand that every guest brings inside. The restaurant can accommodate a maximum of 25 people, but it has a reasonable choice of good quality food . You may ask, at this point, what went wrong. Nothing really important but a lot of small details. The maintenance is not what it should be. Drawers and shelves were not working properly, they dropped frequently. The hairdryers are antique and feeble, one was broken and it had never been replaced despite several requests. The wc get stuck very easily, the sink worked too slowly with the result of the constant presence of hair and toothpaste on it or inside the drain. This is an expensive place with a limited number of guests, so I think it should not be so difficult to care more about this minor issues. The breakfast as well was really too simple, again if compared to the price. There are some cakes, always the same, not very attractive and often dry. Just two types of juices (generally orange and strawberry) but the amount seemed insufficient. Two pitchers the same size of the one that I use at home for the four of us. You can’t help but ask continuously to refill them but you feel a little awkward about that. There were fruits, ham and cheese. Jam is not very used in Brazil, I noticed that during the trip, but I was surprised not to find a single "continental" jam, like berries, or apricot, but just exotic fruit. No chocolate at all, even if I tried a delicious brownie with Nutella for dinner in their own restaurant, which means that they do use chocolate!
I was surprised too when I wanted to rent snorkeling equipment and I was told they they had run out. Again, just nine bungalows and you can't provide snorkeling for all your guests?
The general impression was of cheapness. They don't want to waste food or material so they give you the basics (nothing really important was missing and we had a pleasant stay) but nothing more. This could be a correct form of philosophy that I could underwrite for myself, this is what I tell my kids: don't waste things!, but it is not what I expect for that price and in that situation. I don't crave luxury, but I appreciate to be comfortable and to taking a second serving without having to stalk the waitress!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank FabianaV1967
Reviewed 13 September 2017

I must confess this pousada wasn't my first choice in Noronha. However, our family had stayed there before and highly recommended it. We decided to give it a try, and we couldn't be happier. The location is great, the landscape is beautiful, with lovely views of the ocean, and the bangalos are huge and nicely decorated. But the real difference comes from the staff. They work around the clock and do everything in their power to make you happy. They catered to our every need - including going the extra length when I was caught a horrible cold that knocked me down for our short stay. They made me soup and tea, and were constantly asking if there was anything else we needed. Plus, the food there is amazing, and it tastes just like home. We would highly recommend Solar dos Ventos to anyone visiting Noronha. They are the best! The only short thing I would mention - which is not entirely their fault - is that we had a bad experience with the buggy rental agency they recommended. But still, they tried to remedy the situation.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2017

From the moment Natalie met us at the airport until we were dropped off at the airport six days later, we were well cared for in this very elegant and professionally-run, yet friendly and comfortable, pousada. Our bungalow was spacious, thoughtfully designed, well appointed, and very private.

With only nine bungalows and a staff of 23 in addition to the family that owns and runs Pousada Solar dos Ventos, service was incredible and caring. Our room was miraculously cleaned while we were away and if we wanted to stay in our bungalow, we were left alone to enjoy its comfort and the amazing view. We had but to ask and things were taken care of - whether ordering a buggy for us to explore the island, or complimentary tea on our terrace, or advice on what to see and do.

Breakfast was good as well as ample. While selections for lunch were limited, everything was fresh and tasty. While dependent on a satellite connection, internet worked well and was available in our room as well as common areas. As others have noted, the location is great. Almost at the end of the main (and only) road and well away from the "village," it is not heavily trafficked and is within walking distance of Soueste Bay, which has a nice beach and good snorkeling.

While not inexpensive, Pousada Solar dos Ventos was worth everything we paid and more - as good as - and in many ways better and more comfortable - than most five star hotels we have stayed in.

Room Tip: All nine bungalows are great and have good views. We loved 101, which is very private and at the end of the walkway. 108 seemed similar.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
SolardosVentos, Agente de Reservas at Pousada Solar dos Ventos, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Dear Tim,

Thank you so much for your feedback!
This encourages us to continue to provide our services with much love.
We look forward to welcoming you to our Pousada again and soon.

Reviewed 25 April 2017

My husband and I spent a week at this pousada in April and had the most wonderful stay. The rooms are wonderful, spacious, clean, everything works well and every room has a large balcony with lounge chairs and tables overlooking the ocean. The reception staff is the best, especially Renato and Ana Claudia. They helped us with everything from restaurant reservations to booking scuba dives and a private boat ride. Everything they recommended was great and they were always available and responsive to any inquiries. Breakfast was nice with a wide variety of fruits, cold cuts and a la carte options (all included, I ordered eggs and the yummy queijo coalho every day). A few nights we got to the room with a little sweet surprise waiting for us.

Room Tip: We stayed at suite 108, the furthest one from reception with lots of privacy.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Carolina,
Thank you so much for your feedback!
We are very happy that our Front Desk has met all your requests.
We look forward to welcoming you to our Pousada again and soon.

Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

The island is very nice but not in the same class as you will find in the Pacific - but this hotel stands comparison with any of the best island hotels I have stayed at. The Master deluxe bungalow is stunning. Staff are friendly. Breakfast and service in the room first class. Only think it misses is direct access to the beach, so a 5 min walk down the hill to the Bay of Turtles.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple