Tribu Hostel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Beachfront
Hotel Para Ti(Holbox Island)
  • Pool
Amaite Hotel & Spa(Holbox Island)
  • Beachfront
Hotel El Pueblito(Holbox Island)
View Hotel
Casa Maya Holbox(Holbox Island)
  • Breakfast included
Holbox Hotel Mawimbi(Holbox Island)
Casa Takywara(Holbox Island)
  • Beachfront
Maya Hotel Residence(Holbox Island)
  • Free Internet
All reviewsgreat kitchenjam sessionbig kitchenquiz nightdaily activitiessalsa lessonscool barhammock chairssalsa nightdouble roomkayak tourrooftop terraceisla holboxplace to staycomfortable bedskite surfingenjoyed my stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Beautiful clean rooms, helpful staff, movie room, great large kitchen, good location. Hostel was great, only downside was the beach - it's smelly & full of seaweed.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank pjreddot
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Its a good place to stay if you have a low budget or you go with friends or solo, you can have a room by yourself with bathroom, very nice, clean and good space. Nice and helpful staff. Lots of activities, and a good place to find different people to share with. The only thing is that is not right on the beach, but its very very close. You have a nice view of the ocean on the rooftop with hammocks and the bar is really nice. I have a very good time here, then I change to try another place because I wanted more solitude and its was good also. Its a great island to rest and have a good time.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank MariaGrinda
Reviewed 21 March 2012

There is not much more to add to the other reviews but I can confirm all the good things that were said about Tribu, the rooms, the laid back, the help, etc! And how creative they all are. I love their work of art! An awsome place to be. The staff and especially David and Mia are helpful and friendly beyond expectations... Not that we became friends over my stay but on my last night Mia was supposed to join me at the bar for a drink and did not show up. I thought something came up or she was tired and went to bed. Upon my return home, I received and email from her apologizing because in fact, something came up and she had to stay in town. How nice is that? Thanks for everything guys!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank madamelamarquise
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I felt very welcome as soon as I arrived. Tribu was recommended to me before arriving on the island. Bed linens and towel are provided upon checkin. They'll change them when you want. Kitchen and bathrooms are kept clean daily. Personal locker space and baggage room is available. A cinema and hammocks on the rooftop terraces make it hard to leave the hostel some days! If your roomates are messy or noisy or party animals or early risers, just change rooms! Everybody was very respectful and generous during my stay, but communication is key. My advice: just ask! More than likely, you'll be humbled.

Never a boring moment, and there's always someone with whom to hang out, chat, bbq, fish, cook, jam, bon-fire, explore the island. Bicycles are available to rent for very cheap. Also kayaking tours around the island and its rivers. If you're shy at first, take it easy and read... someone will soon make sure you are enjoying your stay. Bbq nights are common and great for socializing. Fish is fresh and cheap in Holbox!
Quiet hours are after 11 or midnite, but there are more places to stay out late on the island. I often crashed at 9pm cuz of tiresome long days under the sun, and no complaints.
Many sole travelers stay for a few weeks or even months, but many groups come through as well. Great atmosphere always, very international and tolerant. Davide and Mia are great hosts and very dedicated so they will make sure everything is just right. I really appreciate their support for a sustainable barter economy and talent sharing. Look at the artwork and woodwork all around! Very inspiring and motivating of the new world order I yearn.

The bar is an awesome gathering spot for all young spirited and fun people on the island. Carolina is the sweetheart who works at the bar...she makes awesome drinks and cocktails and will play sweet tunes The regulars include Holbox kiteschool instructors, other kiters, hotel & restaurant employees, eternal snowbirds, travellers growing roots at Tribu, and even some doctors from the ER on Holbox! Great connections, epic storytelling, and good advice to be taken from all of them.

It has been hard to leave!!

People I will never forget that you may also meet there: Davide, Mia, Carol, Jason, Alma, Javier, Jirka, Eva, Gabo, Arlene, Nana...and of course, Mango!!!

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank Unhookedraley
Reviewed 15 January 2012

I am 46 and went to this Hostel with my son of 13! Mia and Davide are very helpful and friendly. We met people of every age and background. The rooms are beautiful and clean.
The private rooms are better than in hotels!
We were at the hostel for new year and some people who had not booked arrived with no bookings. Mia e Davide turned the cinema room into their room to help them out.

Room Tip: Both dorms and private room are very nice
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family