“Family owned and great food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Restaurante Bar Zarabanda - CLOSED

Restaurante Bar Zarabanda
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 25
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Caribbean, Bar, Seafood, Pub, Soups, Cuban
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Restaurante Zarabanda se encuentra ubicado en la paradisiaca Isla de Holbox Quintana Roo, nos especializamos en pescados y mariscos. Atencion personalizada del Chef Felix Diaz.
Eagan, Minnesota
“Family owned and great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

We checked out this place for lunch. We had a nice waitress and the chef, Leo, greeted us at our table. The sopa de Azteca was very good and my partner had the Marisco de sopa which was excellent. Leo was very gracious and happy we dined there and said that he would prepare any menu item to our liking, The total bill with tip and two Modelo cervezas was 286 pesos.

Very clean place right off the town square. Lots of locals dining there as well. It is defintely worth checking out.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kitam3
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

vaemount canada
“Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

We have just returned from our trip to Isla Holbox ,and after a great day in the sun we found our way to Viva Zapata Grill and sat down to the best seafood soup I have eaten so good in fact we returned to have more . I opted for the lime soup this time and it was wonderful my husband had the seafood soup again and loved it. The service was wonderful and we were even presented with a reed hummimgbird when leaving, Great People and great food we will definatly be back !

1 Thank canadiantracy
Minnesota
“Two Visits -- Two Different Experiences”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

We visited Zarabanda twice during our 9 day stay on Holbox. The first visit was later in the evening for "Taco Locos" which was an excellent taco meal for 2. Very tasty, and only about $8. I would highly recommend you give this a try.

The second visit was for a light lunch and the food was a bit dissapointing. The shrimp cerveche was probably the worst we had during our stay, and the shrimp was clearly freezer burned. The guacamalee and chips were excellent. The garlic shrimp was good, but not as fabulous as other places we dined during the week. My husband ordered some beef tacos and they were as bland and disappointing as could be, and really not appetizing at all. The chef noticed right away that my husband was not eating his food, and insisted on remaking a different style of tacos for him. The new tacos were very tasty.

Service was excellent on both occassions. The chef is extremely helpful, and the waitress is very sweet. Prices are very reasonable.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Wellfleet, MA
“Tastes are remarkable and creative!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

I just returned from Isla Holbox where I managed to eat in 21 different restaurants, cafés, and bars in my seven days there. By far the best meal I had was at Zarabanda, a small restaurant just off the main plaza. Friendly, talented, Chef Leo, prepared a whole grilled grouper with a most amazing sauce for my friends and I. When he found out we were celebrating birthdays, he had a cake at the end of the meal for us. We had a sweet waitress who took good care of us. What a wonderful evening!
Zarabanda is the only restaurant I returned to on my visit to Holbox. The second time I had "sopa marisco", a delicious seafood stew full of fresh crab, fish, shrimp , clams, octopus, squid and lobster!

1 Thank Sam_well888
London
“Reliably good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

Excellent service and fresh fish - every item on the menu was well explained. Excellent Mojito's!

Visited February 2012