All reviews dalai lama short drive water problem mexico city small town amazing place amazing experience shaman labyrinth meditation pools facilities retreat weekend mountains nature jacuzzi
Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

This is a great hotel with a lot of different holistic experiences. Food is based on the flavorful mexican cousine. Service is great. The room we used for our conference meeting had an inadequate acoustic for our purpose. But other than that it was perfect experience

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Maria Fernanda M, Director Comercial at Hostal de la Luz - Spa Holistic Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2018

Dear Thomas,
Thank you for sharing with us your experience at Hostal de la Luz, we are glad to know you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you back soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

This place exceeded all my expectations! The food was amazing and the staff attentive. I was surprised that they would let you dine where ever you chose. Many pockets of beautiful places in resort to escape and retreat. pools and hot tubs spread all over property. Spa services top notch. Can't wait to return!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Maria Fernanda M, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hostal de la Luz - Spa Holistic Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Dear jstorrs,
Thank you for leaving your comments, they are very useful for our future guests. We are glad to know you enjoyed your stay and had a pleasant time. We hope to have you back soon.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 17 September 2017

We spent the weekend and had a Temazcal with Andrés, the shaman. Amazing experience, amazing place, and service from all the staff. If you are seeking NATURE, and Peace of mind I recommend. It´s a not a party place, it´s a place to relax and go within.

Room Tip: If you have the means, book a suite, if not the stadard rooms are also excellent.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Maria Fernanda M, Director Comercial at Hostal de la Luz - Spa Holistic Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Dear Ceci,
Thank you for taking a moment to write a review about your stay, we really appreciate it!
We are glad to know you enjoyed your stay so much! We really hope to see you back soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 1 September 2017

Very weird experience. I was trying to make a reservation for their Tlama Grand Suite. But after two emails I asked how much the total would be and if they might have a discount for three nights. That's when they totally ignored me. I sent out three more emails but they never bothered to answer any of them. Strange for a $250 USD per night room! I'm a very frequent business traveller and have never faced an issue like this before. Mind you I'm also fluent in Spanish, so it's isn't a case of language barrier.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Maria Fernanda M, Director Comercial at Hostal de la Luz - Spa Holistic Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Dear Mr. Vanes,
I want to apologize about the issue with the e-mails. I leave you my email address just in case you would like to reserve someday or need anything you can contact me. Also there is a 24 hr phone that could have assist you with your requests at any time. this is (739)3933 076 or FREE 018005523550
My email address is ecommerce@hostaldelaluz.mx

Thanks and Best Regards,

Reviewed 8 August 2017

This is a beautifully crafted spa resort hotel outside of the small town with fields of grazing horses and cattle on either side. The spa offers several unique treatments and the facial and massage was good. Some therapists are better than others. Most of the staff are very accommodating and friendly; however don't expect the staff to necessarily speak English. They make super smoothies and have a pretty endless cool pool as well as a heated pool. I guess it can get cool in winter. The mid-range suites are very comfortable but they only offer wi-fi and mobile signal for your cellphone in one location, Try the labyrinth guided meditation walk with your eyes closed. Great attention to detail with holistic spiritual statues sprinkled around each area with its own character. There's no gym. Incredible views of the mountains in the near distance and lovely colorful landscaping, cobbelstone streets with cows meandering down the hill and fields of horses grazing. Its supposed to be a vortex. The Dalai Lama has blessed this spot.

Room Tip: Jr. Master suite "Mahal" private, roomy with view and terrace, great room service. Standard suites VERY basic.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Maria Fernanda M, Director Comercial at Hostal de la Luz - Spa Holistic Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Dear Deborah,
Thank you for all your comments and recommendations, we really appreciate all our guests reviews in order to keep improving.
We are glad to know you enjoyed the holistic activities, the pools, the views and the staff fulfilled your expectations.
About the internet we have designated areas with good wi-fi connection, such as the lobby and front desk, restaurant and Bab bar, this way we promote to re-connect with yourself and with the people around you.
Hope to have you back with us soon!
Best Regards!