All reviews sandpiper bar swimming pool on site chip shop central heating holiday park gold star soft play area gold caravan on arrival sun holiday lovely beach great holiday beach access bad points free upgrade family holiday
Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed for a week and had a fantastic time,could fault any part of our family holiday.our children had a fantastic time the gold stars were amazing with them thanks to you all.the entertainment was really good we all enjoyed it we have booked another holiday for two weeks next summer would recommend This site to anyone fantastic

Trip type: Travelled with family
GoldenSandsRhyl, Manager at Golden Sands Holiday Park Rhyl, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Hello Kellybellis86,

So glad you and the family had a great stay and that so much so you have booked your two week stay for 2018 already! Lovely to read.

We look forward to welcoming you and the children back!

Thanks for sharing your experience, see you then.

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

Fab week. entertainment was top draw. Tony, yasmine,Tyler and all the other goldstars were quality. Had a great holiday thanks guys. Facilities were top draw and very helpful people on site. Can't fault anything hopefully back soon

Dear Dave W,

Thanks so much for sharing - so glad to read you had a wonderful stay, hopefully we can welcome you back again very soon!

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

My review is abit late
We stayed for 7 nights 12th - 19th August in a bronze caravan E5, it was alot better than I thought it would be, very comfortable, large 32" flat screen tv with dvd player and a selection of dvd, lots of cutlery and crockery. There was me, my partner and 9yr old and 2yr old.
Zara was the lady who checked us in and she was really helpful and polite, so I firstly want to thank her as she is a credit to the team.
We ate at the sandpiper restaurant a few times and food and staff were brilliant, chippy on site also good - big portions, both good value for money, entertainment at night as good, goldstars did a fab job with the kids.

Bad points - shop on site is very limited to what they sell however there is an big Asda only 2 minutes drive away.
Arcades, needs more staff as we were forever searching for someone to fill the machines back up with tickets or tickets kept getting stuck, play area is abit crazy as there teenage children in there while my 2 yr wanted to play, parents were probably in showbar not bothered.
Showbar is quite small compared to other places I have visited, entertainment could probably be looked at as it seemed to be goldstars on the majority of the time, I would of liked a bit more variety... I feel for them as they must be so tired, Carly needs a mention as well, she was fab!
Lastly our neighbours + children were not very pleasant, loud, running riot, they Scratched our car a few times taking the paint off!
Having said all this we all enjoyed our break away and would consider returning.

We also visited many places, rhyl town, llandudno, Bodelwyddan castle, colwyn castle, Welsh mountain zoo all fab places.

Dear karen M,

Many thanks for the review - so glad you all had a great time here and can only apologies for the experience you had with the neighbours and the soft play area, this should never had been the case. We do rely on guests reporting such behaviour as we will not tolerate and seek to sort as quickly as possible, though again thank you for your feedback on this.
With regards to the shop - unfortunately, because there is the big Asda down the road, the Owner Vanessa finds it difficult to compete and therefore we find it best to just stock the essentials - though she is never going to be able to compete with the prices or choice as such a large supermarket. We're just lucky as a park that we have the choice for those essentials on park and then a bigger shop for the larger scale elements you would need for the self catering stay.
The goldstars do work incredibly hard, your feedback will definitely be shared with the team. there are many different shows through the week or which the Goldstars have 3 slots through the week with their own productions.

We hope that we get to see you and your family again in the future and thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

Ok, this is based on our week here. I'm sure given another day or time it would have been a better experience.
We stayed for a week but unfortunately we were next to a caravan that had 3, possibly 4 men next door. From morning until night they were out the side of their caravan smoking with a can of lager in their hand talking and swearing loudly to each other. The caravans are close to each other too so that didn't help. We were lucky to have a balcony at the front of our caravan but we couldn't sit out because of the constant smell of smoke and hearing them swearing, coughing and spitting.
However, credit to Golden Sands as they implement a "no noise after 9" and have a security number. Though I heard another member of their family (there was another two groups with kids with them but obviously staying elsewhere) telling them how they had been reported for noise and that they were going to make even more noise that night with the men laughing and agreeing so straight away it made you worried about repercussions about reporting them.
I did have to report them however as they were all outside their caravan shouting and kids running around screaming. My daughter had gone to bed as felt unwell and was woken up with a start. I called security and he said he would drive over, but after 30 minutes they settled down and others went back to their caravan so I texted security to say had quietened down.
After that it was tricky as they made such a noise when came out for a cigarette but then would go back in.
Similarly with other people walking past your caravan, a good few shouting and screaming. There was also a dog behind us that barked late at night but luckily they were only there for the weekend.

The road in is narrow and there are give way signs at one end, it works when people read and respect it, but again due to the nature of a lot of guests that stay here, they just came flying down when you were half way up. Everytime came back dreaded it. Again, there's not much Golden Sands can do.

A small thing , and maybe the lady was having a bad day but it did leave a bad feeling. I also had to report a problem as the bed leg was broken (it got fixed straight away that day). There was a gentleman in front of me reporting a lost toy with his daughter to a lovely lady who worked there, he then asked an innocent question to another lady and she (lady with quite heavy make up and I think scouse accent) snapped back at him and got incredibly confrontational. He repeated that it was fine he just wanted to know where another office was and again she said "like I've told you" and spoke to him like he was thick. His daughter looked visibly upset and I felt really sorry for her. As they went the lady looked at her colleague and rolled her eyes , sighed and shook her head at him. I didn't think that was professional. However she was relatively ok with myself.
Finally on the negative side, the water in the pool was cold. My children love swimming and couldn't wait to go but they were out after 20 minutes and didn't want to go back in. It did look a decent little pool and very clean but just a shame the water wasn't warmer. The staff that worked here were really nice I will add. It was nice to see that the lady in charge was looking after everything as I've seen other pools where kids are just allowed to riot.

The positives, it is actually the best situated caravan park we have been in, in terms for the beach. It has a gate that is open until 11 and opens early which is a positive. You have so many places to visit in North Wales too.
We appreciated that they try and get guests to keep the noise down and that they have security for dealing with it. That was a massive bonus.
The facilities in the park are good, they have a fish and chip shop that sold lots of other things, a reasonably priced shop and some arcades.
We paid for entertainment passes but never got round to seeing any but I heard that they were good.
They had a play area and tried hard with a bouncy castle and music and BBQ etc.
The grounds are well kept and clean.

It is a shame our next door guests tainted our stay here as given another set of people it would have been a completely different experience. It got you down always looking out to shirtless drunk men shouting and spitting.

If you are reading this and thinking of booking I would go ahead and book. I originally rated it as Average but because of the implementations the park has took in encouraging people to be quiet I have changed it to good as it wasn't their fault we had rubbish neighbours.

Another good tip is that Asda and Tesco deliver to the site so worth getting a delivery if you know where you are staying or click and collect from Asda as that is next door.

Dear Kirstey27,

Thank you so much for your detailed review, it certainly makes very interesting and helpful reading. We're so sorry that you had such rude and disrespectful neighbours, and sorry that you didn't feel comfortable in reporting again to security, though for anyone reading this please know that we will not under any circumstance tolerate such poor behaviour and will remove guests from the park should they go against the respectful rules laid out and quite clear for all to read. After all we want all to enjoy their stay.
We shall look at the temperature of the pool.

Thanks again for your feedback, it certainly has been taken on board.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

arrived sat 5/8/2017 2 adults and 2 teenagers nice clean park with friendly staff
meals in the restaurant were good value for money
the entertainment was good they even let my 17 yr old enter adult talent contest
even though she was classed as a child
had a great time there and have booked to go back next year

• Trip type: Travelled with family
GoldenSandsRhyl, Manager at Golden Sands Holiday Park Rhyl, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Dear Jonkennedy2017,
So glad you had a great stay with us, thanks for sharing your experience with others and for the rating. We look forward to you returning in 2018 :0)