See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 February 2016

I stayed one night in early February in the Bexley - what makes it so special is the friendliness of Allan and Cathy - they went out of their way to be helpful. The Bexley is no more than a one minute walk from the front door of the Pavilion Theatre - my reason for visiting in Rhyl. The view from the front is impressive

Room tip: I had room three - which is really intended for a family - huge double bed and comfy single bed
Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 15 December 2015 via mobile

You couldn't ask for a nicer welcome from the couple that own this guesthouse. Extremely friendly service in a well looked after guesthouse within easy reach of the surrounding areas.
Definitely a nice break from the usual corporate hotel stays I usually receive on trips away.

Date of stay: April 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2015

I've just had such a good stay here whilst performing at the Pavilion Theatre.
Allan and Kay were so welcoming, friendly, extremely kind and impossible not to like in spite of Allan's jokes !! Stock up on your one liners before you go to get your own back !! They are used to hosting people from the theatre and provide the ideal theatrical base. The Bexley is just across the road from The Pavilion and it is bright, colourful, cheerful and comfortable. Room 3, was spotless, light, bright and airy, but also, nice and warm, cosy and comfy. Allan and Kay have thought of everything in the room including plenty of storage space, a sofa and a fold away upright chair, kettle and tea/coffe/milk supplies and they were even able to help me out with a hole punch and a tape measure ! The ensuite is great with a nice powerful shower. The downstairs bar is just the job, a cosy space to relax after the show with really, really reasonably priced alcohol and crisps etc. ( very nice red wines on offer ). The wifi was not 100% reliable in Room 3, but was fine downstairs and strong enough to download programmes etc. I didn't take my car, but noted that there was plenty off on street parking available right outside. The Bexley will be my first call to make should I be back in Rhyl. I really had a marvellous week here.

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 6 May 2015

We stayed for a couple of nights whilst visiting Pavilion Theatre which is conveniently close by. Allan and Kay were absolutely brilliant, both welcoming and helpful with all aspects of our stay. The room comfortable and the breakfast very good. Highly recommended and would certainly return.

Room tip: room 2, comfortable bed, fresh linen, rear of property very quiet.
Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank j a
Reviewed 4 November 2014

My friend booked our one night stay at this quaint B&B as we were seeing a show at the Rhyl Pavilion which was literally around the corner. The Rhyl train and bus station is also an easy 15 minute walk away.

From the moment we arrived Kay and Allan made us feel very welcomed. Our room overlooked the street with view a clear of the Pavilion (that is another story). The decor may not be to everyone's liking but we did not give a hoot as we are not there for the ambiance.

We are also dubious and 'prepare' ourselves for lack of kip having been victims of so many sleepless nights whilst staying at all sorts of accommodations. Well not this time! We never heard a boo from the inside or outside. No slamming doors, no loud voices, no outside traffic, nothing. YAY!

Our full English breakfast was not Cordon Bleu but it was tasty, filling, and made to order.

My only small complaint is to please instructions on how to work the tv as I did struggle with that when wanting to watch the news in the morning.

If you are looking to stay here for a hen or stag do, stay away but if you want a place to relax after any sort of hard day or night, well this is the place. My friend and I will definitely book again should we be in Rhyl and need accommodation. :)

Room tip: This is a small B&B and there are not many rooms to choose from. We were in No. 3 which had an en-suite, two beds, a large double and single and a couch too.
Date of stay: November 2014