“Amazing fish pie”

Ranked #1 of 17 Restaurants in Tarbert
Price range: US$ 24 - US$ 33
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Fully licensed seafood restaurant in Tarbert, Loch Fyne, specialising in locally sourced fresh fish and shellfish prepared with simplicity and care. Full menu and daily specials with meat and vegetarian options also available, as well as a well appointed wine list. We promote a relaxed and friendly dining experience and look forward to welcoming you to Starfish.
Reviewed 22 August 2016

Fantastic food and excellent welcoming staff. very friendly atmosphere. The fish pie was the best I've ever tasted.

Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

Visited here with friends and the food is amazing. Couldn't fault a thing. Great ambience, very friendly staff. Restaurant was busy for a Tuesday night so I would advise booking to make sure you're not disappointed.

Reviewed 17 August 2016 via mobile

Staff were very helpful and food was great. Haggis to start with black pudding and goats cheese. Flavours really worked well together. My partner for his main course had lobster which was amazing and I had fish pie, which was good..... but started to look at neighbouring tables and wish I'd went for seabass or fishcakes (only myself to blame.) Desert was ginger pudding, like sticky toffee pudding but with the ginger twist - amazing. Really enjoyed our night here

Reviewed 13 August 2016

The cosy warm room invites you in and transports you to a world of fresh,rustic good food.This is Scottish cuisine at its best.The chefs have come up with a modern twist on traditional dishes that remind mind me of home cooking with bold flavours and food for thought!We were a party of six sailing in and out of eateries on the west coast and everyone agreed this was the best.Even our veggie had an outstanding meal.

Reviewed 13 August 2016

I was recommended the place be Andrew of the Moorings Hotel. It very muched lived up to is recommendation. The seafood was fresh fish delightfully cooked and presented. I would not hesitate to go the again if ever I went to Tarbert again