“Good food, poor service”
Review of Bengal fusion

Bengal fusion
Ranked #26 of 146 Restaurants in Stourbridge
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

My friend and I booked a table here just for us two. When we arrived we were led to a table immediately but because the table was still laid for 4, we were left standing in the middle of the restaurant next to other customers who were eating, while we waited for the two unnecessary place settings to be removed. This could have been done after we had sat down, or before we were led over, but this is a minor point.

Poppadoms were served quickly and the dips were tasty.
We ordered our meals and didn’t have to wait too long before they arrived - the restaurant was quite empty.
The food was delicious - which is probably best as no one returned to the table to ask if everything was okay with the meal.

We really enjoyed our meals, however when we had finished we were left with the empty plates for quite some considerable time. I tried to politely catch the attention of any one of the waiters in the half empty restaurant but it was almost impossible!
Staff began clearing tables that had already been vacated. Eventually I was able to ask for the bill and we left.

Good food, very poor service. Sorry but i won’t be returning. There is an abundance of Indian restaurants in the vicinity and this offers the worst service I have experienced.

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

This has always been our balti restaurant of choice and again the food did not disappoint (Kashi Chops Jalfrezi). However it is very unfortunate to see it so empty. It used to very busy (bookings only) on Thurs/Fri/Sat, but it was dead.
The reason we will not be returning again soon is due to the decline in the appearance of its location. The Romanians who loiter, litter and make you feel generally unwelcome on the high street have made us not want to return.
I encourage the owners to relocate before you will be financially forced to close.
Very unfortunate circumstances that businesses in Lye find themselves in.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Went as a four with partner, daughter and son in law, on a Saturday night, expected the place to be full, but only half the tables were occupied, we were greeted at the entrance by a grim faced Maître D’ who barely acknowledged our presence. The rest of the waiting staff were no less brusque, and who quite frankly made the whole experience uncomfortable.

Service was acceptable with time between courses being just about right, with no impression that we were being rushed or made to wait. My daughter found her dish to be good the other three of us were much less pleased

My curry however was amongst the poorest offering I have ever had. A chicken curry served in an over large balti dish, with no more than six small pieces of chicken was beyond the pale.

Another issue of concern was the large number of East European migrants congregating on the street outside the restaurant. I have noticed this phenomena before in Lye, however it seem to be multiplying exponentially, and will I’m afraid affect business in this area. Although we were not approached or threatened my partner was very apprehensive walking past these groups.

Please note that above paragraph is not a reflection on Bengal Fusion, more a comment on the general area around Lye itself

1  Thank Dark_Helmet2003
Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

Beautiful restaurant, small and cosy. Free popadoms to start with lovely dips. Lots of choice for mains and I opted for the spring chicken in mincemeat with special pilau rice with salad. Absolutely beautiful and really good portion size. Good value for money Too!

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

Had a fantastic meal..service was excellent. By far the best meal we've ever had. Staff very friendly. Your welcome to take your own drinks. Parking is available in the high street or at the rear of restaurant.

1  Thank melstourbridge