Norton Lodge Hotel & Conference Centre
“Awful!”
Reviewed 29 July 2011

All I can say is that I stayed at norton lodge for a wedding reception. Vanessa Hall who seems to run the place is rude and our so called plasma tv didn't work. The wedding couple were disappointed to say the least!

• Stayed May 2011
9 Thank roxyrox123
vanessa1946, Owner at Norton Lodge Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 5 August 2011
We are very sorry that this guest did not enjoy their stay. We all do our very best to ensure customer satisfaction.
I am sure that if they had approached a member of staff with any problems we could have resolved the situation.
It is very difficult to deal with issues after the event.
We had many guests come to thank us for a great day.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Newark, nottingham
Reviewed 26 July 2011

We booked our wedding reception between 8 to 9 months in advance at Norton Lodge after a viewing. We then called to arrange an appointment as advised 3 months before our wedding reception was due to take place to finalise numbers and final decisions. A few days later I was mortified and horrified to say the least to have received an EMAIL only to notify us that they had accidentally DOUBLE BOOKED us on our most special day!! My mobile number was on the email as I originally arranged ordered information via email yet Vanessa Hall chose to email me. After a long discussion we had no choice but to amend our wedding reception to the sunday. We were offered minor compensation for there mistake, her excuse was the new computer system yet when we had originally booked our wedding reception everything was noted in a wedding diary!! We were shocked and disgusted that it took them 6 months to realise that we had been double booked. Some friends couldn't attend the sunday which led to more upset. After checking into our bridal suite we notified Vanessa Hall that our room did not lock, we once again were shocked with the response that if anything went missing then we only have our guests to blame!! Lastly upon checkout they had decided to uplift prices for the food, wine and even added back the minor compensation that we had been guaranteed without any prior notification. After another irritating 30 minute discussion she tried to correct it but the damage had been done. I would never ever recommend this place to anyone wanting a special occasion. They are unreliable and rude.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
8 Thank GRADFORD
We were very concerned about this review as we did all we could to rectify a difficult situation.
Of course we were very upset that the wedding day had been double booked. Mistakes do occur but this sort is very rare thank goodness!.
I notified the couple by e-mail as this was their preferred means of communication.
We offered to help them find another local venue and pay for any costs incurred to notify their guests. This was three months before the wedding.
They declined this offer and opted to change the date. We gave them a substantial discount and free disco etc.
The remark about the room lock was taken out of context. I explained that their posessions would be alright as there was no other customers apart from the wedding guests. The lock was soon repaired.We apologise unreservedly for any distress caused to the bride and groom. We can assure all future wedding parties that the new booking system should not allow this to happen again.
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2011

I have just had my wedding at Norton Lodge and I couldn't have asked for a better day. On the morning of the wedding, we were able to have breakfast earlier than the usual breakfast time, and I have to say it was really tasty.
The whole day was just perfect...the food was great, the staff were really attentive and the bridal suite was simply beautiful.
During breakfast of the morning after the wedding myself and my husband spoke to everyone that stayed in the hotel and they felt the same way as we did...they couldn't have asked for a better venue for our wedding.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Amy_and_Leon_Ford
Thank you for your kind review. We are glad you enjoyed your day with us.
We are very pleased and privilaged that you chose Norton Lodge for your wedding day.
We wish you all the very best for the future.
Billericay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2011

I booked and had confirmed 4 rooms at this hotel only to be told by recorded delivery letter at the last moment that my booking had been cancelled. No apology.

I have travelled the world both on business and pleasure for more decades than I care to count and have never been treated in this manner. The booking had been accepted and confirmed for sereral months, so there is no excuse for this type of underhand practice.

Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
9 Thank my2wn
vanessa1946, Owner at Norton Lodge Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 18 July 2011
We had problems with our bookings which resulted in this customer's booking getting lost in the system. We had been fully booked on these dates for a year in advance. I spoke to the customer and his company on the phone three times. I apologised for the mistake..I also wrote to the customer explaining the unfortunate situation.
I found the customer alternative accommodation in the near vicinity.
I can reasure all future customers that a new system is in place so that this situation does not occur again
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 November 2010

We got a late booking here due to city hotels being full
Excellent facilities. Owners very friendly and obliging.
Needed early breakfast and got a wonderull English before 7.00.am
Very clean and modern rooms with free wi-fi etc.
Will definately book here first next time

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
16.3 km away
The Lincoln Hotel
The Lincoln Hotel
#7 of 14 in Lincoln

Been to Norton Lodge Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK