“Much needed relaxing stay at number 9”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
The perfect place to stay.
A perfect mix of vintage and modern.
A comfortable king size bed.
Fresh flowers on arrival.
Beautiful original features.
Fluffy towels and bathrobes with Molton Brown toiletries.
Stokes Bay beach is a very short walk away. With its award winning picnic spot!
The beautiful and award winning Crescent Gardens at the end of the road.
Gosport is surrounded by marinas.
Enjoy beautiful sunsets at Stokes Bay beach.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Mariolla...
London, United Kingdom
“Much needed relaxing stay at number 9”
Reviewed 21 November 2014 for a stay in November 2014

I spent ages deciding where to spend my week off work in the UK, I could have gone anywhere but when I came across number 9 I didn't have to think about it. I was just lucky the dates I wanted were available! Beautiful apartment with luxurious touches, clean, amazing walks (coast and forest), friendly pub just down the road and lots to do near by. I ended up having to do some work when I was on my week off and the apartment had brilliant WiFi connection and a table I could work at. The appliances are brilliant and everything you need is there. Having sky sports meant I could keep up with the grand prix on the weekend (which I thought I would miss!). I mentioned to Claire (host) before arriving that I was planning to have a "healthy" week and she left me a beautiful bowl of fruits. Other special touches included milk, bread..etc the basics to keep me going and beautiful flowers (which I loved and appreciated during my stay).The apartment is attached to the main house but because you have your own entrance it is a very private setting. I knew Claire was around if I needed to ask her anything but she wasn't intrusive atall. Even though the weather wasn't always great I made the most of things and had my wellies! It was pouring rain when I was leaving and rushing to the airport I didn't get to say bye to Claire properly, again thank you for a wonderful stay. I hope to come back soon!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The fact that it was clean.
Liked least: nothing
Travelling group: Other
25 Nov 2014
I'm so pleased you had a lovely time! Thank you for a lovely review. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Best wishes Claire.
EmilyF200...
“Perfect weekend in a gorgeous flat!”
Reviewed 14 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed in the flat for his birthday and it was a perfect weekend. The flat is really lovely even nicer than the photos and all the little touches have been thought of and everything's of a high quality. There's a really nice beach about 5 minute walk where we went a couple of times and was peaceful even on an august weekend. The ferry over to Portsmouth is very easy takes about 5 minutes and £3.10 for a return, over there are a variety of shops and a great range of restaurants and with the ferry running until midnight it's really easy so go over for dinner and drinks. Claire was very friendly and accommodating with our plans and there was nothing more we could have asked for. Look forward to coming back, Emily and Mark.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
20 Aug 2014
Hi Emily & Mark. I'm glad you enjoyed your weekend. Thank you for the lovely review! Look forward to welcoming you back. Claire
JohnWA11
Lichfield, United Kingdom
“Our week stay at No. 9 was delightful”
Reviewed 18 July 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

Our week stay at No. 9 was delightful. We received a warm welcome from the owner and we had everything we needed with lots of finishing touches including Wi-Fi and Sky TV. We especially liked the 'welcome pack' provided. The décor is modern and everything was ideal for us. We went into Portsmouth a few times which is an half hour walk or a few minutes drive to the Ferry at Gosport. One thing we did find out to our cost; we visited the 'Alliance Submarine' attraction in Gosport and paid £14 each for what was an interesting couple of hours. Next day we visited the Portsmouth Dockyard Heritage Museum and bought the all inclusive ticket and discovered that the 'Alliance Submarine' attraction is part of the all inclusive ticket which you can ONLY buy from the Dockyard!

31 Jul 2014
Many thanks for the lovely review. Thrilled you enjoyed your stay. And thanks for the ticket tip for future guests!
Gillian D
Athlone, Ireland
“It had everything we wanted for a perfect stay in the area! Very suitable for a couple!”
Reviewed 25 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014

Number Nine apartment was absolutely perfect for what we wanted - clean, bright, well equipped for self catering, comfortable, with all mod cons including tv, sky, dvd player, ipod docking station and free wi-fi available. It was in a lovely, quiet, respectable area within walking distance of the sea front, a nice hotel/restaurant & Alverstoke village. We had a car, so did not require the use of public transport, therefore cannot comment on availability. Claire was the perfect host, supplying us with the essentials on arrival to get us started, ie milk, tea, coffee, bread, cereal & cake plus all the regulal essentials like salt, pepper, sugar, butter etc. The purpose of our visit to Gosport was to visit a 'newly found relative' and will most likely be in the area again. We would have no hesitation in staying here again and would highly recommend it to prospective holiday makers.

Liked best: The compactness, comfort & location of the apartment
Liked least: Only draw back was a steep stairs up to it, therefore not suitable for elderly or disabled
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
Paula C
Colchester, United Kingdom
“home from home”
Reviewed 24 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

Weve just returned from number nine and found it very hard to leave. The flat is beautifully furnished and perfect for two. The owner really goes out of her way to make u feel welcome and shed even left bread, milk and refreshments together with two fresh cream cakes! The ensuite shower room contained luxurious bath sheets and towels plus shampoo and shower gel etc. This flat is a great base for pourtsmouth and surrounding areas and we loved the gosport ferry which was a 6 min drive from the flat. Southsea has a hovercraft to the isle of wight for £17.50 per adult but u can pay £19.95 with a 3 course meal at ryde castle inc which I would definitely recommend. The place was lovely and the staff were so helpful. No 9 is a real gem of a find and we would definitely return.

Liked best: everything
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing