“pleasant”

Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 January 2016

We went here on our first night in Portugal as we were staying in a hotel about a block away, Had been here 2 years ago and fortunately little had changed. My wife had choco - pieces of squid which she liked but I thought was a bit chewy, I had octopus in rice which was very good however I'm sure I'll have better some time during our 8 weeks in Portugal, The restaurant is very pleasant and the staff is great as is their house wine. I believe this is ranked 13 amoug the restaurants in Alchochete. If this is correct the ones ranked 1 -3 must be amazing as this set the bar very high.

1  Thank bill1964_12

Reviewed 24 July 2015 via mobile

Friendly staff, good food. Prices are a good relation quality/price

Easy to park your car, no charges.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

We were staying at a hotel very close to the restaurant and went there for lunch and dinner. Both meals were very good but not "to die for". My wife is a soup addict and she had the vegetable soup which had a squash base that she deemed to be very good and I had sea bass with a lemon/butter sauce on the side. Very adequately done but easily found at other good fish restaurants though the sauce was different and very good. For dinner we had the roast chicken and macaroni with grouper and clams. The latter was very good but I would have liked a different type of pasta. The most memorable part of dinner was that it took a very long time to get the bill. We thought that we may have offended the owner in some way.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

We spent the last 2 days of our Portugal adventure at Alcochete & had our evening meal both nights at Pe de Salsa. We are a bit spoilt for good food as our son is a great chef here in Australia. The food at this charming restaurant was awesome!, fresh, flavoursome & cooked to perfection. The owner was very friendly & with his passion for his wine he introduced us to a nice Portuguese rose and also a wine he called "green wine". Thankyou Pe de Salsa family for making our last two days of our holiday in your beautiful country very enjoyable.

Reviewed 13 April 2013

Lunch for one in any restaurant can be a challenge - in a country where you don't speak more than half a dozen words of the language it can be a trial - but not in this restaurant. A warm welcome from the charming owner and offered a seat with a view I felt comfortable from the off. I asked for a glass of white wine and he chose it for me - it was delicious and really cold, just the way I like my white wine. Polvo is octopus and two huge tentacles, baked with olives, bathed in olive oil and liberally sprinkled with parsley, draped across my plate and hung laguidly over the sides. It was perfectly roasted and just what I had wanted for my solo lunch. I didn't need a sweet but chocolate mousse sprinkled with walnuts was irresistible, even to a diabetic who should know better! With water and bread the bill was 24 euros. The service was excellent even though they were very busy and the owner charming. No wonder this out of town restaurant is doing so well.

1  Thank Bopeep1947