“Special, lovely place -- with cats” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Agriturismo I Mandorli
Ranked #5 of 16 Speciality Lodging in Trevi
Baltimore, MD
“Special, lovely place -- with cats”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2010

My wife and I and our three-year-old son stayed here for five nights (in the Rustico Alessandra outbuilding), and had a wonderful time. The location is dead gorgeous, with views (even a 360-degree one if you ascend to the small roof deck over the office), and the ancient buildings are surrounded by olive groves. You do look down to the highway, but it's far enough away that it doesn't detract from the beauty. There are also frequent trains that pass -- again, maybe a half-mile distant -- about which my son was quite excited.

Now, the cats. There are a lot of them, and they just roam around -- they're fun to look at, and you see them draped over stone walls or asleep in planters, etc. We even made up our own names for them. In other words, they weren't a problem . . .for us. But I could imagine someone who was less tolerant finding the situation a bit out of hand.

We loved it here and would return, for sure. Mama Wanda kept coming by with baked goods. The nearby towns are fun to explore (Trevi, Bevagna, Montefalco, Spoleto), and you can eat and drink yourself silly. Highly recommended. I wish I were back at I Mandorli right now.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
6 Thank Omphalos McButton
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Naypyidaw, Myanmar
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2010

We stayed here for 2 nights in mid winter experiencing their coldest day in 50 years. Snow on the ground ("It's never snowed here before") made walking between the villages a delight.
The room we stayed in was large & had a marvelous view over the whole extensive Umbrian countryside.
The family, grandma, 3 daughters, 3 children have been farming here for 300 years. You really do get a sense of history here.
Breakfast was a sensation beside a roaring open fire. Almost all home made or home grown provisions.

We'd love to come back & spend a week.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank rossbeckernz
Alton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2009

We stayed at I Mandorli for 2 nights and throughly enjoyed it. The family members we met we charming and very helpful. The room (we had one of the 3 b&b rooms) was simple but very clean and comfortable. We were initially disappointed with the view (the roof of a farm building) but we were really only in the room to sleep and we kept the shutters closed to keep it cool anyway. Breakfast was excellent; home made jams, bisciuts and cake so fesh from the oven they were still a little warm!
The pool was wonderful, the family are clearly very proud of it and keep it spotless. The down side of this is that I was asked to were a swimming cap.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple