We stayed for a week as part of the same group which I believe included reviewer Gaskell_10. When we arrived our group were given room keys on a first come, first served basis and we finished up in a very small room on the second floor, served by a single lift and a rather dangerous staircase (worn and shiny stone steps). We had a pleasant view and the bed was comfortable, but the room was very small with only two very small drawers so my husband finished up leaving his underwear in his case and we piled up t-shirts and jumpers in the bottom of the wardrobe. The bathroom was nice and light and airy but had a very poor shower in a small compartment with a fixed overhead nozzle, which I hated. From speaking to others, I think the rooms and bathrooms/types of shower etc varied quite a lot, and in an old building one may need to make some allowances where room size is concerned. However, the public rooms downstairs were gloomy, shabby and not at all welcoming. I have stayed in old palazzi with antique furniture before in Italy and they were much nicer than this, especially the one on Venice Lido last autumn. I wouldn't rate the room or hotel facilities generally as more than 3 star at best, but the restaurant is quite the opposite and would get 5 stars if you had a rating for food. This was the saving factor for us, as good food is always an important element of any holiday as far as we are concerned.
Trevi itself is small and quiet and its sights quickly exhausted, but it is quite a good base for exploring the many other interesting towns in this picturesque area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Trevi is located on the top of an hill along the Flaminia speedway and is a charming small medieval Borgo, rich in art, in a overlooking position with a great view towards Assisi and Spoleto. Constructed in concentric circles, Trevi resembles a spiral-shaped shell which preserves intact its ancient heart: The Complex Antica Dimora alla Rocca, composed by two adjoining, historical Buildings of the XVII Century – Palazzo Valenti & Palazzo Urighi - and by the Medieval Borghetto del Mostaccio, less than 100 feet far from these. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelQuickly and Booking.com so you can book your Antica Dimora alla Rocca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Antica Dimora Alla Rocca Hotel Trevi
- Antica Dimora Alla Rocca Trevi