This is my absolute favorite place to stay in Tuscany. I always feel like it's slightly surreal here-as though I'm part of a beautiful movie. Rooms are traditional Tuscan style decoration with big private baths, the grounds are phenomenal and the ristorante has amazing cuisine with many of the vegetables and herbs grown right there in the gardens. Badia is up on a bit of a hill so the views from the front are idyllic complete with a pasture of sheep along the drive. Summertime means the gardens are in bloom, fruit is growing on trees, pool temp is refreshing and late afternoons outside are perfect for sipping their wines. Go on a guided tour of the place which includes the underground wine cellars (once a crypt for monks). Be mindful of walking outside the walled fortress-wild boars often cross the pathways!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Badia a Coltibuono is the first wine resort in Chianti, opening it's doors to travellers and visitors who want to share a truly unique experience. Here it is possible to encounter the magic of a venue, to observe the slow yet intense rhythm of a 1000 year old abbey and farm and to sleep in history in the eight bedrooms with en suite bathroom and the 5 apartments, furnished with all facilities. Guests can relax in the magnificent Italian style garden or, during the summer months, around the large open-air swimming pool. 800 Hectares of forests, crisscrossed with walking or mountain biking paths provide for a pristine natural backdrop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Badia a Coltibuono reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Badia a Coltibuono Hotel Gaiole In Chianti
- Badia a Coltibuono Gaiole In Chianti, Italy - Tuscany