We had visited in 2006 for a wine tour with family the day after our engagement and never thought we would be married here...but we did, in September 2007 and it was magical...Castello di Meleto is a wonderful place to marry...we spent the entire week at the Castle with our friends/family (20 or so) and more arrived on our wedding day to share our special day...The caterers and the photographer were recommended by the Castle staff and they were suberb!!! Our wedding photos are beautiful and take us back every time we gaze at them. Yes, it is an ancient castle and it may not be to standards of modern and fussy travelers, but is part of the adventure and charm! Live a little and explore, you're in a 13th century castle!
We plan on spending time at Meleto to celebrate our fifth anniversary next year. A presto!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Castello di Meleto is in the center of an ideal geographical triangle formed by the cities of Siena, Florence and Arezzo. Surrounded by six beautiful houses, painstakingly restored in 2000, preserving its rustic Tuscan style. Each house has a private garden or terrace that overlooks the countryside surrounded by green vineyards and olive groves.Easily accessible and close to the accommodation we have two infinity pools from which you can enjoy an unforgettable view. In the basement of the castle, a real historical monument, a charming wine shop allows you to taste our wines, our organic extra virgin olive oil and salami of Cinta Senese from our farm. On request we can organize banquets in medieval and Renaissance style in the picturesque setting of the frescoed rooms. In addition, daily guided tours of the ground floor of the castle, the eighteenth-century theater, the dungeons with ancient cellars, prisons and the secret tunnel to escape from the Castle .. will make you to live an unique and unforgettable experience in a real castle in the Chianti area.Daily walks are possible on roads and paths in the area.From the same roads, the "Eroica”, an fascinating extreme racing with vintage bikes, takes place every year.The staff of the Reception of the Castle will be pleased to arrange excursions departing from the Castello di Meleto to major art centers such as Florence, Siena, San Gimignano, Arezzo and Val D'Orcia. On the territory of the Castle of Meleto guests can enjoy cycling, horse riding and walking, immersed in pristine nature of the Chianti hills. Our restaurant, “ La Fornace di Meleto” , at the bottom of the hill, offers typical Tuscan menu and innovative dishes.The Castle's history is also a history of Weddings, such as those of Alberto Ridolfi's daughter Lucrezia and, in 1852, Baron Bettino's daughter Elisabetta: it could also become the history of Your wedding, against a background imbued with extraordinary beauty.Meleto Castle can offer Religious ceremonies in its catholic church, the Pieve di Spaltenna.The Celebrations can be organized as you wish: the entire Piano Nobile (a series of furnished and frescoed rooms) can be put at Guests' disposal together with the garden, a splendid terrace overlooking the unspoilt panorama of the Chianti hills for enjoying a touch of sun, and the Stables ( Scuderia in Italian) , where guests can relax or let themself go in dancing.We specialise in providing the perfect atmosphere for a truly unique party, whether a Tuscan Castle wedding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Castello di Meleto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Di Meleto Hotel Gaiole In Chianti
- Castello Di Meleto Gaiole In Chianti, Italy - Tuscany