Castle Tornau, circling the hills of Chianti is located only 20 km from Siena and 50 km from Florence. This is one of the most beautiful medieval castles in Italy, and is protected under the Ministry of Culture.
The history of the castle dates back to Tornau 10th century. During the attack, Frederick Barbarossa, served as a fortress.
Recently, the castle was completely renovated, but retaining all the features of medieval architecture. Now it is a magnificent hotel that will satisfy the needs of even the most demanding guests.
Inside the castle walls there was an old chapel, which became a parish church associated with St. Marcellin parish. In the census, held in 1427, the parish of San Quirico in the castle has 32 Tornau residents, who were divided into 5 families.
The castle is now is a hotel, which is open all year except January.
Dive into the magical atmosphere of this castle. Walk along the ancient walls of the Romanesque style and feel the spirit of this Middle Ages. Enjoy the peace and nature. Admire the colors of all four seasons and the breath of Chianti.
The castle offers 19 rooms furnished with antique furniture and syutov. Bathrooms in all rooms are decorated in marble. Each room has free Wi-Fi, satellite TV, air conditioning and minibar. Free parking is available. In the hotel restaurant you can sample the local cuisine and famous wines of Chianti from the cellars of the castle. Chef Massimo famous works here, which also conducts courses of chef.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castello Di Tornano is located on a hillside in the Chianti Classico wine region. It offers free Wi-Fi, free parking, and rooms and apartments with satellite TV and bathroom. Rooms at the Castello are air conditioned and include a minibar. The apartments offer a fully fitted kitchen. The restaurant at the Castello Di Tornano serves Tuscan specialities and classic Italian cooking. The swimming pool is set in gardens and surrounded by trees. There is a tennis court, and guests can also enjoy the spa bath and massage treatments. The Castello Di Tornano Farm Stay is 18 km from Siena. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and TripOnline SA so you can book your Castello di Tornano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Di Tornano Hotel Gaiole In Chianti
- Castello Di Tornano Gaiole In Chianti, Italy - Tuscany