All reviews sweet dog amazing cakes chianti region infinity pool grazie mille home made cakes this place is amazing rooms were spotless spent days our honeymoon patrizia penny gaiole village cleanliness castle maps
Reviewed 29 August 2017

We stayed here for one night at the end of May 2017 as we were getting married in Castello di Meleto and wanted to stay near to the wedding venue. We stayed as a group of 10 which included couples and friends. The B&B was absolutely beautiful and had been built and decorated to a high standard. It was modern while still maintaining the traditional italian decor. There was plenty of free parking and beautiful gardens.
We booked directly through the owners and although their English isn't the best - stick with it, it really is the most beautiful B&B! The owners advised us on local restaurants and booked a meal for us in the town which was a short 10 minute walk. The village of Gaiole is quite small with a few restaurants and shops however is a great base for exploring Tuscany. Especially as the rooms are very reasonable in comparison to the bigger cities. We loved the breakfast and the rooms were spotless.
I was however surprised that the pool wasn't open even though the weather was very hot! We didn't have time to go in anyway but it would be worth enquiring about this before booking if you are hoping to spend time in the pool. All my friends loved their stay here and can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2017

We spent six nights in room Vertine.
We rate this B&B very highly.
Our room was comfortable, air conditioned and had a terrace.
I appreciated the fine linen on the large bed
The bathroom with a shower was good
The breakfasts were copious and delicious

Room Tip: Vertine with a terrace and lovely views from the terrace
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I spent 3 days at B&B il Cavarchino as a stop-over on our way back to Belgium. After spending a week at the (crowded) Amalfi-coast, we found the rest that we needed at Il Cavarchino.

The B&B is clean, the owners are very friendly. They offer a very good breakfast with fruit, bread, eggs, home made cake, and coffee! The rooms are very clean. The pool is perfect! Gaiole is a nice little Chianti-town and not as overrun as other towns in the region.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2017

This place is amazing!! Excellent location, amenities, room, cleanliness.

Only one MAJOR drawback, you can hear everything through the doors. We had other guest up till 2:30am talking on their patio and then inside in the breakfast area and it sounded like they were in our room. Very inconsiderate guests.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

Andrea & Patrizia (and their sweet dog Penny) were amazing hosts and their B&B absolutely beautiful!!!! The location is in the heart of the Chianti region and you are close to the quaint medieval town of Vertine as well as the other two Chianti regions of Castagnoli and Radda, which have beautiful villages and amazing wine tasting rooms!
Andrea & Patrizia welcome you like family and have maps and highlights of the area ready to share with you. Andrea was too sweet; he gave me a suggested day's itinerary, which I followed, and it was perfect! From suggesting castle visits to amazing restaurants and local wineries, it was all spot on and wonderful.
After a day of exploring, it was AMAZING to lay be the property's infinity pool before cleaning up & heading to dinner. The views from the property are breathtaking.
Morning breakfast was lovely. Fresh coffee made to order, croissants, cakes, and even a meat & cheese tray along with other Italian delicacies.
I cannot say enough about how amazing Cavarchino is, and I recommend it highly! My husband and I plan to return and next time, stay for longer! Grazie Andrea & Patrizia for everything!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple