“Inviting and friendly family restaurant with high quality”
Review of Ristoro Antico - CLOSED

Ristoro Antico
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 30
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

Exciting location runner by a family in a friendly manner. Good traditional food the Italian way. A very nice evening.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

During a nice day out on the lake my italian boyfriend and I decided to have dinner in Arona. He remembered this restaurant from 10 years ago and we decided to go again. The place hadn't changed much. Its very authentic, almost like having dinner in the dinner room of the owner couple. The owners, husband and wife work together as a well oiled machine. She is in charge of the cooking he does the drinks and desserts. They just came back from holiday but created an amazing primo called fregnacce ( I would describe it as a pasta pancake filled with ricotta cheese, pecorino cheese and pumpkin) . It tasted amazing. I had the veal for a main coarse. My boyfriend had a home made dessert, creme caramel, which was delicious. The total bill was around 59 euros, including 2 primi, 2 mains, a glass of wine, dessert and 2 free aperetivo. I would definitely like to go back to this place as the menu is always changing with what food isnjn season and what the chef likes to prepare. Excellent home cooked quality food, friendly and good service. Very decent prices.

1  Thank Annelies B
Reviewed 12 October 2016 via mobile

This restaurant hidden in an alleyway in Arona has authentic Italian food and a family home atmosphere. It is owned and operated by a husband and wife. We went on a Wednesday night and it is a great night to come, no crowds. The host brought us an apertiv with a small glass of proseco. No charge! We enjoyed a primi piata, secondi piata, dessert and half bottle of wine for under 65€. I have included some pictures of the restaurant and food. My husband had the ravioli with meat and I had a crepe looking pasta filled with Gorgonzola cheese with a pear slice on top. My husband had the lake fish and I had beef in red wine. Both dishes were served with fried slices new potatoes in olive oil (light, not heavy). We should have stopped, but we had to test the desserts. We were not disappointed-my husband had a flan like dessert and I had a baked half apple. Probably the best baked apple I have ever had. Afterward the man brought over a tray with three jars of different fruits pickled in different alcohols. Since I declined due to the apple, he brought a jar with sugar coated ginger slices and insisted I take two! Wow!! My husband tried a peach in brandy and a sugar cube soaked in vodka (I think). There is no table charge (coperto). If you are in Arona and want an authentic Italian restaurant with a gracious host and hostess, this is the place to eat.

Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

Authentic Italian food at bargain prices.
Gnocchi are a must. Home made bologna sauce.
Nice friendly staff, English is ok

Reviewed 19 July 2016 via mobile

As other reviews have said it's run by husband and wife primarily. There wasn't a menu. He explained it all to us - with most of the ingredients for the dishes all being sourced from themselves ( Eg. Salami, porchetta). Our starters were pasta followed by a beef and a pork main course. All flavours were wonderful. There was a homemade ( of course ) masala sponge which was as light as anything. A nice little carafe of local plonk went down a treat too.
I'd suggest arriving earlier given how it runs but if you're not interested in eating quickly then it doesn't matter.
All in all, if you want to try 'real' local food then this is the place to go.

1  Thank Neil W