“Just a wonderful place”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Cretan Family Fish and Grill
Reviewed 25 August 2016

Maybe the best restaurant I ever met. I visited this taverna almost every day during my stay in Malia, because after my first accidental visit I really loved it and came there again and again. After all, there are many reasons for it:
1) Very delicious food for moderate fair prices. As I am crazy about seafood, I tried whatever could find in the menu and everything was stupendously tasty – octopus, squid, mussels, shrimps, different kinds of fish, mostly grilled. Thanks to Aris – one of the owners and grill master of the restaurant, he does culinary magic at his grill house and is simply a great person 
2) The team of the restaurant – one big Cretan family and other staff - very friendly, hospital & polite. They will advise you about the menu and always give useful recommendations for whatever you want. Thanks to Alexander for his advice and my discovery of shrimps saganaki – I never tried this dish before and enjoyed it very much. Thanks for other support as well  Also to Katharina and everyone, whose names I unfortunately do not know.
3) Nice atmosphere where you forget about all your problems and learn to enjoy your only one life slowly slowly as it should be… Nice music helps you to relax. The restaurant team are sometimes like showmen: they will never let you feel bored. Bouzoúki, sirtaki, local musicians coming to sing some Spanish or Portuguese songs and bringing driving chords, what else do you need for a pleasant summer evening?
4) In addition, for children there is something special here - a playing yard on the left side of the restaurant where they can have own fun during the parents enjoy their time.
5) Two funny dogs Peri & Mori , running here and there, make this atmosphere even more worm & homy.
6) Beautiful surrounding, nice decorations and tables smothered in flowers with a big illuminating windmill as a symbol of Creta in the yard.
7) After becoming a regular customer of this tavern, I could already recognize many other visitors coming there every night. Isn’t it the best proof of quality for the restaurant?
8) There are hundred other reasons, but I need to stop in order not to make you feel bored anymore.
If you decide to go to this restaurant, please leave your troubles behind and be ready to enjoy a wonderful Cretan night. Just take your good mood with you and the big windmill will create for you much more positive energy in return.

Reviewed 24 August 2016

Visited several times as a break from our hotel round the corner. Very warm welcome by the family who run it. One brother seems to do lunches, the other evening meals.
Food was excellent. I had the Calamari which was very light batter and delicious. Anything off the open grill is superb and great value for a family eating out.

Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

This is a very nice place that we enjoyed eating in. The staff is really nice and polite and very helpful. We had lamb casserole and grilled lamb chops and both dishes was superb. And we will gladly go back to this restaurant again and we can highly recommend it.

Reviewed 17 August 2016

We are so happy that we have new family in Crete. Cretan Family. Giorgos is a real gentleman, his wife, his son and all people working in restaurant, have unbeliaveable hospitality. That was one of my great memories in my Mediterranean holidays.

You can find a real greek food in restaurant. Respect Crete culture and try traditional food!

Reviewed 16 August 2016 via mobile

The food was excellent!!!Also I have to admit that Aris and his family were the best hosts I've ever met! 5 stars are enough to describe my experience!