Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Meghan P
London, United Kingdom

So good

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 26 May 2024via mobile
Very good, lovely staff and very welcoming, good entertainment food can become repetitive but still very good! Bbq night is so good!! Different food, entertainment well worth it would definitely recommend! Easy access to malia strip and Stalida. Amazing restaurant near by, loved Anatolia
Trip type: Travelled with friends
    ₹29,583
  • Priceline
1.3 km from Kyknos Beach Hotel & Bungalows
View more hotels in Malia
All reviews pool bar bbq night german guests restaurant staff all inclusive hotel main pool would return to this hotel main building kids pool four star love this hotel lovely lady decent size great laugh family holiday food and drinks amazing week
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 May 2024

Had a brilliant 2 weeks at the Kyknos Hotel, Lovely location a stones throw from the beach.. walkable to nearby towns and lots of excusions/shops etc. We had a Superior Double room which was beautiful, clean and modern. When the entertainment was on, it was upbeat and they keep everyones engagement.

The food was nice, and there was a variation from day to day so as long as you are happy to maybe try different things it was varied.

The staff absoloutely made our stay, so polite friendly and happy to have a laugh and a joke. Thank you to Lefteri, Louly, Yanis and Andy!!

One day we will be back.. OPA !!

Jordan & Molly xx

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Molly B
Reviewed 21 May 2024

Our stay at the hotel was ace, the food was as expected but the pool bar more than makes up for that, good entertainment and nice rooms, if you e there look out for Lefteri, Louly, Yanis & Andy they’ll give the the best service possible… guaranteed to make your stay better!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jordan S
Reviewed 11 May 2024 via mobile

Beautiful newly renovated property with lovely staff and amazing pool. Stayed one week in May 2024 on a friend’s holiday. This resort exceeded my expectations for the price paid. We booked all inclusive. I don’t think there is an option to stay any other way. The food was good but the alcohol was bottom shelf. You could pay for top shelf so there was that option too. I’m not a big drinker so it didn’t matter to me. If I wanted something special I could purchase it. The resort had plenty of food but did run out of certain things so if you see something you want to have, better to get it quickly because when things run out they don’t always replenish. Fav staff members who went out of their way, Andy and Joanna. Both were always happy and looking after us.

The a la cart restaurant was a nice treat and was included in our week-long stay.

There were plenty of loungers and chairs by the pool and pool bar. We always had a place to sit in the restaurant and by the pool. We arrived late on a Wednesday and that is the special bbq night, so we missed that entirely as we left before dinner on the following Wednesday. They were kind enough to make us a sandwich at 11pm on arrival which I thought was very nice of them. Poolside entertainment 3 nights out of 7. All good.

My two suggestions to the resort are; please add a no-smoking section in the restaurant. This resort is popular with smokers and I often felt sick choking on smoke while trying to have a meal. Same by the pool. I moved around a lot to avoid the fugue. Open air is fine but many spaces are closed on 3 sides and it was at times sickening to be suffocated like that, especially when trying to eat. Healthier for the children to have an escape from it as well. Second is to add an option for softer pillows or have different types of pillows in the room. The new pillows are hard as rocks and very thick. I slept without a pillow and had neck pain the entire week.

I think they deserve 5 stars to be honest. The staff is the best I’ve experienced in a long time and they were so busy yet always had a smile for everyone.

Extra note, it isn’t on a beach. The closest beach is a 5 min walk away, but I didn’t like that beach. The best close beach is approx a 15 min walk away in Stalida. Turn left out of the main gate and walk straight for 10-15 mins until you find the Beachcomber on your right. Sun loungers for rent for €7 euro the whole day (reservation recommended) water sports and great food/drink.

Overall I would stay at Kyknos again as I really enjoyed my holiday there.

Room tip: Wednesday evenings is the festive BBQ with entertainment.
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 May 2024

The hotel itself isn’t actually in Malia but set between Malia and Stalis , so for me that was perfect as both were a pleasant 15/20 min walk . The hotel also advertises as a beach hotel , it’s not on the beach , the beach is across the road and completely separate to the hotel .
The room we booked was a superior bungalow over looking the garden . Yes it did overlook some plants etc but it wasn’t gardens just the pathway to leaving the hotel . This didn’t bother us but might bother someone else if they expected lovely gardens to view whilst sitting on the balcony . . The room itself was bright and fresh with a very small balcony . The rooms are also quite small in comparison to most of the other all inclusive destinations we’ve stayed but were very clean as housekeeping came everyday and changed towels ( even when they were hung up and fine to use again ) . The pool area is nice and there was never a problem getting a sunbed but it is still early in the season . The chairs and tables around the pool bar could do with some repair or replacing .
We were all inclusive and this is where it was dissapointing . I wouldn’t say I’m a fussy eater and I’m also not fussed by top brand alcohol . However the drinks were awful . They have a list of cocktails and I’m not sure if it was the mixers ( it’s all on tap ) or the alcohol itself but they tasted stale , like old water . The lager was ok and the wine ( red , rosé and white) was ok for wine on tap so if you drink lager or wine ( and aren’t a fussy wine drinker ) I think you’d be ok . The tea and coffee were good as well .
If you ask for sparkling water you get soda water and this was awful , it tastes off .
The all inclusive buffet restaurant was clean but there were times when people were trying to find a table and we are only in May . They would run out of plates and bowls regularly as well . The food was hit and miss as expected when all inclusive . The salads were lovely and the food stayed traditionally Greek or often catered for German clientele and wasn’t always clear what the dish was .
There was never enough desserts and people were getting desserts before their main so they didn’t miss out .
You do get to book the in house al a carte restaurant for 1 visit free during your stay . This is a sheltered area opposite the buffet restaurant so don’t expect anything too fancy regarding the surroundings but the food was lovely and the wine was better quality . The sparkling water was still awful though . There is one particular waiter who was so lovely and polite , very hard working and always happy ( Christian ) he was such a lovely young man . However all the staff were lovely and polite and really helpful if you did need anything .
The entertainment ( 3 nights ) we never stayed to watch because we went out to get nicer drinks but on return it sounded ok but again around the pool bar with limited seating so get there early if you want to enjoy it.
Overall I would say if you stay here I wouldn’t do all inclusive . There are so many restaurants, cafes and bars close and the Greek cuisine goes far beyond what the hotel offered . It s advertised as 4 stars but is an average 3 but location is great and it was clean with pleasant surroundings .

Room tip: Don’t book all inclusive
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 16 February 2024

An experience that should have been related, even before, but I hope it will be helpful even now in making some decisions related to this hotel: The standard rooms are an actual disaster, it is also true that the pictures of the rooms exist anywhere online where there is information about the hotel, but still the details seen in reality are very different from what it seems in the pictures .. in the end , everyone thinks it's a 4-star hotel and doesn't worry so much about the rooms untill they see live the way it looks!!!! (I have exemplified in the pictures and unfortunately I still don't have pictures from the rooms of our friends staying in the area below the bar where, one of them said that he feels like the Count of Monte Cristo in prison...he was talking especially about the walls and the positioning of the rooms- room 6105) In addition to these cockroaches and dirt in the rooms, trauma for the children because of the cockroaches when they found out that the room cant.t be changed, lucky with the tiredness that they fell asleep but crying... honestly I wanted to take them to sleep in the reception... Here was the disadvantage to go in full season, I think that otherwise the room could be changed...You can imagine the experience when in one night I asked for help at the reception, given the fact that about 2 big cockroaches were running around the room and the man at the reception ran at them with a spray 😖
I also saw the superior rooms that looked like 4 stars, not 1 star like the standard ones and the outside area of ​​the hotel is ok too!!
Related to other details, the food is quite good as well as the services in the restaurant.
The beach is 10 min walking with the kids and its very nice.

Date of stay: July 2023