Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
sss r
Coventry, United Kingdom

The difference a week at the hotel makes

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 14 Jun 2016via mobile
Well after being here a week how my view has changed
Staff are lovely and helpful rooms are cleaned and spotless everyday
The food is plentiful but gets boring by mid week there needs to be more roast meat and if you think your going to get a full English you will not bacon one day frankfurter sausage the next day and German fried sausage the next never sausage and bacon together the Germans are totally catered for though with there breakfast that sums up the whole hotel it's a German based hotel
The bar area consists of the beach bar day and night and all inclusive is limited very very limited if more than 80 people want a seat at night your standing and this hotel has about 350 plus staying
The sun beds are a lottery first up gets the umbrellas 18 of them round the main pool at 2 sun beds per brolly about the same around the other pool for families and children the amount of guests in the hotel the maths says it all everybody else fries.
Late checkout is terrible Thomas Cook and the hotel need to sort this out we tried to book our room for the late check out the first morning we arrived and were told we couldn't until the morning of departure after breakfast I should have been suspicious then.
Guess what no rooms available the hotel is full with new arrivals not from uk out the room by 12:00 and our pick up time 22:50 there is a communal shower room and baggage room but it's to long to have nothing but a sun bed so all in all poor because all of these things could so easily be remedied if they wanted to and should be.

Date of stay: June 2016
Responded 23 Jun 2016
Hello dear SSS!!!
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I would like to give you a few details, which you probable don't know and this is why you seem to be a bit worried. During your stay here we had from 210 to 290 guests in house. Around the main pool there are 104 sunbeds and around the children pool there are another 64 sunbeds, so in total we have 168 sunbeds around our pools and gardens, which is about 60% of our bed capacity. When you deduct the people who arrive on that day, the people who depart on that day, the people who have rented a car and are out, the people who have booked an excursion and are out and the people who are at the beach, this is more than enough. Usually the AI hotels have aroudn 50%. What you mention about your check out is absolutely right. But it doesn't have to do with Thomas cook. It has to do with all the english flying to Crete in general. Around 80% of the flight from the UK to Heraklion arrive from very late evening to very early next morning, on Tuesdays and Fridays. It has been like this for decades and I don't know why they can't change it. If you ask them the will answer that the night flights are less expensive, that's why the people prefer to fly in the night, but when I look at the prices, they are not that cheap at all. So at most of the times, people want to keep their rooms for another couple of hours, which is possible at 95% of the cases, but there is still this 5% (like your case), where it is just not possible. One solution for you next time you book a night flight is to book with the tour operator and extra full night at the hotel (8 nights instead of 7) so you don't have to worry about anything. Although it really isn't necessary most of the times cause you do it with us on the spot. Of course it would be possible to move to another room for your last day, because we needed your room, for the guests who would arrive on that day. But you could have moved to another room. This is possible 99.9% of the times!
Or next time you go on holiday just book a day flight!!! :-)
From all of us here at the smarline Kyknos Beach we wish you all of health, wealth and happiness and hope to see you again some time in our hotel in the future!!!
₹8,819
0.9 km from Kyknos Beach Hotel & Bungalows
    ₹27,093
1.3 km from Kyknos Beach Hotel & Bungalows
View more hotels in Malia
All reviews pool bar bbq night german guests restaurant staff all inclusive hotel main pool would return to this hotel main building kids pool four star love this hotel lovely lady decent size great laugh family holiday food and drinks amazing week
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 June 2016

This is a nice complex consisting of a small number of rooms in the main building and a series of two or three storey Bungalows spread around a larger area. On arrival we were met by a porter and escorted to our room. We booked a superior sea view room and as the main hotel rooms have recently undergone a refurbishment. They are very well decorated clean and luxurious with a King sized bed and a large Jacuzzi bath. The issues with the room would be a lack of wardrobe space and the outsized items make the room smaller than it needs to be. The pool area is Clean and tidy the pool bar is simple and effective. The entertainment is limited except for the Wednesday BBQ which is sold to guests every meal time by the staff. All inclusive guests are also required to pay 15 euros for the privilege of the BBQ and entertainment, poor in my opinion. The restaurant is small but adequate, it works in a disjointed way but it works. The food is nice simple but nice. although the layout is again all over the place its a small serving area so easy to negotiate around. All in all a nice place value for the money paid but lack something to make it special. Would go back for a quiet week of relaxation.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank D8641YYjohnd
VasilisTsamandouras, Διευθυντής at Kyknos Beach Hotel & Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2016

Hello dear John!
Thank you for your honest review! And we also would love to see you again in our hotel!!!

Reviewed 11 June 2016 via mobile

I enjoyed our stay at this hotel. They gave us a free upgrade after we asked for a room with evening sun. Even though we didn't use the additional room we were really happy to get the chance to enjoy the evening sun on our balcony. Thank you very much!!

Someone of the staff saw me inflating my air bed for the pool. He came to me and took it away to take over the inflation process. Very attentive!!

Vivi is the BEST cook I've ever met in an all inclusive hotel. As I do have food allergies, I needed some help. She was always there and helped me or arranged me some "special meals". Thank you Vivi!!

What I didn't like is, there is no non-smoking area on the patio for all meal times.

As well I didn't like is, some of their male staff is too flirty to ladies traveling without husband/boyfriend. At some point I felt uncomfortable and couldn't be as friendly and thankful to them for giving me the drink I ordered at the bar, because they acted a bit over flirty. I was there to enjoy my vacation not find a boyfriend.

The gym is ok, but really needs maintenance!!

There are no pool/beach towels available.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Hello Katy!
Thank you for your very detailed review! Well it was actually me, who inflated your matress!!! I do apologise about the flirting of my waiters... I will make sure it won't happen again in the future! We would all love to see you here again some time in the future!

Reviewed 9 June 2016 via mobile

Lovely hotel good food lovely staff the usual who gets up first gets the best sun beds but plenty of them luckily I get up earlier than our German guests ha ha
The location is Stalis but close to Malia if you're young and want nightlife it's a great base for seeing the area and Stalis is shopping city

Date of stay: June 2016
4  Thank sssr2015
Reviewed 16 May 2016 via mobile

Booked this hotel minute and was not disappointed! The hotel staff are all very friendly and go out of their way to help you, the whole complex was kept nice and clean. The rooms vary, but we were in one of the ground floor bungalows and it was perfect for our needs. 3 single beds, flatscreen tv (not many English channels though) hairdryer, shower over bath with constant hot water. The room was cleaned every day, with fresh towels and bedding. The food was varied and tasty. Lots of choice so always something you'd enjoy. The entertainment was good, Greek dancing night is a must. Really funny and you will participate dancing around the pool. You have to pay extra for the BBQ night, which is a bit pricey to be honest for what was provided, and did find that the people who did not pay were unable to use the pool bar that night. The hotel is located in between Malia and Stalis. Both 10 mins stroll in either direction. 2 mins to beach through the hotel opposite. I would recommend this hotel and I look forward to visiting again soon!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank MDM3006
VasilisTsamandouras, Διευθυντής at Kyknos Beach Hotel & Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2016

Hello and thank you very much for your kind words about our hotel! We are looking forward to seeing you here again very soon!

Reviewed 15 May 2016 via mobile

A really lovely hotel with friendly staff who go out of their way to help you. The location is great, shops, bars, restaurants and beach near by. Our room was basic but did the job. We were all inclusive and the food was great...something for everyone!

1  Thank Emma J
VasilisTsamandouras, Διευθυντής at Kyknos Beach Hotel & Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2016

Hello dear Emma!
Thank you very much for your kind review!!! We are looking forward to seeing you some tim in the future here in the smartline Kyknos again!!!!!