All reviews self catering pissouri bay air con quiz night relaxing holiday hired a car per day plenty of sunbeds shop on site greek night rooms are basic cooking facilities pool and bar area balcony upstairs studio apartment rooms were cleaned beach shoes
Reviewed 5 July 2017

Had a four day stay in July to attend a wedding at a much more expensive hotel / golf resort up the road. It was only 25 minutes drive in our hire care from Paphos airport and very easy to find and unlike the more expensive hotel there was no overflying low aircraft day and night! Comparing the two resorts I would give the Hylatio Tourist Village a much higher rating based on their clean, comfortable, well appointed studio apartment (we didn't use the cooking facilities). Air conditioning worked very well in the 35C - 40C temperatures. We booked B&B, the food provided for breakfast was bountiful with many cold and full English hot options and the best tasting grapefruit I've ever had! The gardens in full bloom were beautiful, creating a very relaxing atmosphere. We spent some time relaxing by the recently relined, very clean pool, which is a good size and depth for swimmers. The owners of Hylatio obviously take care and pride in running a top class resort. Would definitely recommend to friends and will return ourselves when back in Cyprus.

Room tip: Although a quiet resort rooms away from the pool like the one we had will ensure a decent lie in.
1  Thank Simon S
Reviewed 5 July 2017

I am a single traveller and needed to get away for a couple of days, I've been to Cyprus before and felt very welcome. Having stayed in Paphos previously I wanted to try a different resort so choose the Hylatio tourist village hotel Pissouri. I wanted somewhere quiet it was just that. It turned out to be the perfect place for me no TV in the room excellent, I had a studio apartment spacious, balcony over looking the pool, beautiful surroundings, trees, garden all kept clean by the wonderful warm friendly staff. Particular praise must go to the lovely Ana and Romanus who looked after me and made my stay an unforgettable one. I arrived late on Friday night and the restaurant had just closed I was told there would be food available at the bar there wasn't Christian offered me a ham and cheese sandwich which could have been there all day and crisps., I was half board so I guess more could have been done to provide a snack on arrival. The proprietor greeted me the next morning at breakfast and apologised he was a very friendly. The food was good and the chef was nice explaining the local cuisine. The weather was extremely hot and the beach very pebbly, its the perfect get away all that missing is a SPA and beauty treatments.. I booking to return next year ... Jan.

Room tip: Room at the back of the hotels quieter.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

Having recently returned from a week spent at this lovely resort I felt it only fair to make comment here. My wife and I had a lovely relaxing week, due to its quiet location, friendly hard working staff and well maintained estate. The rooms were cleaned daily and nothing was ever a problem. We are so pleased with this little gem that we have already booked to go back in just a few weeks with all the kids.

If you are looking for good food and a relaxing time then I cannot recommend this hotel enough. Excellent value for money!

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Phil A
Reviewed 3 July 2017

We booked for 10 days and wished we could have stayed for 10 weeks. Our accommodation was all inclusive and based on the superb maisonette with the pool view. The accommodation was well appointed with bedroom, bathroom and balcony upstairs with living area, pull out bed, dining table and chairs, fridge and a small cooking unit downstairs with a patio area with table and chairs. Air conditioning was part of the package both upstairs and down.
The pool area is clean and safe, plenty of sunbeds and a very good pool ranging from 0.6mtrs to 2.1mtrs in depth and was very warm. next to the pool area was the Apollo bar, this is a well stock bar with good local alcoholic drinks as part of the package plus more well known options available at an extra cost. The staff who work in the bar are first class, Remus, Christian, Angela and Ana work very hard and are among the friendliest we have met on our travels. Th owner, Vlad, can often be found at the bar with a soft drink and is very friendly as is the Hotel manageress, Florry.
There is some evening entertainment laid on, a local fella comes in on a thursday evening and offers a quiz night, then on the friday they have an enjoyable Cyprus night with Christina, a singer from Liverpool coming in on Staurday and Tuesday night.
The restaurant offers a mix of food, all of good quality. Breakfast can be a choice of english style cooked breakfast or a selection of cheese and cold meats or if hungry, have both with coffee, tea and fruit juices available. Lunchtime offers a selection of salads or cooked food with a choice of deserts, similar fayre was available for the evening meal.
The location of the hotel is halfway between Limasol and Paphos and a 5-10 minute walk to Pissouri Bay beach, the beach itself is, in all honesty, quite disappointing due to the anount of pebbles and small shingle, however a pair of water shoes from the local shops for around €9 will solve that problem, there are plenty of water sport opportunities available and swimming is pleasant in the warm water although please be aware that it does shelve very quickly. There are a number of local bars and restaurants in the bay area and also in the village about a 5 minute drive away. We were first time visitors but everyone we spoke to had been there anything up to 8 times before which in a way sells the hotel better than any review could ever do.
This has to be one of Cyprus best kept secrets

Room tip: if possible book a maisonette with pool view as they keep cooler
Date of stay: June 2017
2  Thank andy r
Reviewed 2 July 2017

This is the fourth year we have stayed at Hylatio (twice a year). And I think that tells the story. I really do wonder when I read some reviews of what people expect. If you want 5* book it and pay for it.
Anyway as for Hylatio. It’s only a 20 min drive from Paphos airport, 10 minute walk from Pissouri beach and village, set in its own beautiful grounds. The gardens are kept immaculate with amazing colours from the flowers and shrubs planted throughout. The smell of Jasmine is never far away.
The apartments are clean and well maintained with a maid/cleaner 6 days a week. (If you have a problem, report it. I bet it’s sorted within half an hour).
Life at Hylatio revolves around the pool and bar area. It won’t be long before you find someone to talk to and make friends. The staff are excellent, polite, friendly, and will bend over backwards to make your stay a happy one. The food is excellent, buffet breakfast, lunch and evening meal selection has something for everyone. Fresh fruits, Salads, a wide variety of meat dishes, vegetables and pasta. And always a lovely selection of sweets. A Table D’hôtel menu is provided if you want to order specific dishes. (If it’s not on the menu, ask Luca the head chef and he’ll sort it for you)
The bar is well stocked, beer, wine, spirits, cocktails, soft drinks, milk shakes, tea or coffee are available from early morning all day till after midnight.
Entertainment is provided by a singer (Katrina) on Tuesday and Saturday evening. Quiz night on a Thursday with the ever popular Cyprus night on a Friday. There is a large screen TV at the back of the bar which usually has live sports on if it is an event of some importance.
Hylatio has a large pool with sunbeds all around. Sunbathe, swim and while away those lazy hours with a cold beer. Heaven.
If you want the beach, the bay is a 10 minute walk. Shops and restaurants are there too.
A big thankyou to Vlad Maria Nico’s. The staff - Flori. Christian, Luca, and all the others that work tirelessly to make this a perfect stay.

4  Thank Barry W