“Okay but wont go back”
Review of Joondalup Resort

Joondalup Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Connolly
Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

Billed as a resort we had some expectations that the place would be 4 star.
The accommodation was adaquate although the bed was not a pillow top and we both had sore backs.
The food was disappointing. My 40 dollar steak was fatty and under cooked.l sent it back. Pretty disappointing.

It is set on lovely grounds and if you played golf then it's a big attraction but sorry to call this a resort is really stretching it.
Also there are lots of weddings and events with very drunk noisy people around late at night.
All up disappointing and we won't be returning.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

The resort itself is an amazing place. The pool area is fantastic. The golf course is immaculate. The biggest let down is the restricted menu options for a resort that looks this good I'd have thought the menu would have been more extensive. On a positive note though the food we ate was extremely good .

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 November 2017

We came here for the Son's wedding this place is so setup for Weddings, the hole atmosphere is so peaceful all the time. All the meals we had at different eating areas were very much up to scratch love the hole time.

Room Tip: Standard Rooms are very good
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

My husband is a mad golfer and as we were driving the length of Western Australia so we had to stop here so he could get his golf hit.
It was a great decision. The resort is amazing. The staff are really helpful and friendly. The food in the restaurant is fantastic. We had a share plate and 2 sides which was plenty for us.
The room was unbelievably comfortable. A huge king size beds with fluffy pillows, what more could you want? The check out is 11 oclock but they let you stay until 12 with no extra cost where possible. We actually stayed a for more minutes as it was Melbourne Cup day and we wanted to watch the race, the staff were very understanding.The bathroom is huge and the shower was amazing.
My husband can't stop raving about the course. It was immaculate and challenging with massive changes in elevation from fairway to green, makeing it a challenge for golfers of all standards. The course master went the extra yard and took him for a tour of the course before his game.
We are going back there in a few days as Jimmy Barnes is doing an intimate talk on his book.
Jimmy is also my husband's favourite.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2017

We were there to celebrate a friends 40th Birthday - I paid $45.00 to have the Sparkling High Tea. Upon arrival we were served our drinks first, to which I had finished mine by the time the first tray came out, I asked for another sparkling and was told it was only with this package - I was not expecting free flowing sparkling at all but the cost per glass of that particular sparkling you could have included 2 to 3 glass and still made your GP.
So then I ordered at $16.00 cocktail - now for this price I would expect my cocktail to be perfect. I ordered an Aperol Spritz, it was the worse Aperol Spritz ever and was not even served correctly. 3 of the main ingredients that make a Spritz were missing.
At the end when I paid for my drink I told the wait staff it was the worse drink and it was not made correctly and all I got was oh sorry that will be $16.00
The food was ok - well presented which made it look more exciting and did like if that asked people if they had any dietary requirements - well done there
Over all for a 5 star hotel, I would of expected better especially in the drink/cocktail area as you pay a premium price you expect to get that in a drink.Considering the GP you make from cocktails this does leave a big question mark on drink standards.
No I will be not be returning here again for High Tea or even a drink

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Connolly
Joondalup City Hotel
Scarborough
Ramada Vetroblu Scarborough Beach
Sunmoon Boutique Resort
#4 of 6 in Scarborough

Been to Joondalup Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK