Review Highlights
Fantastic cookery class

We joined the cookery class here in October 2018 and it was fantastic and incredibly memorable. The... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
cs0merset
Cairns, Australia
via mobile
Fantastic Cooking class by passionate owner

Chandika is a professional that know’s well to entertain and get the whole group on the same... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
Mark v
via mobile

All reviews cooking class curries garlic curry sri lankan cooking coconut sambol cooking lesson family home cooking course recipe book buy spices family kitchen dahl learning how cooking school great teacher delicious meal his mother
Reviewed 4 February 2018

we were in august overthere. the place is peaceful but the owners are making business there and that is not good for tourists. thez will offer to you all their products which are extremely expensive...

2  Thank RiaH432
Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

My husband and I did the cooking class with Chandika, he's just great! Hes a lot of fun and informative. It's always interesting to see experts in the action. The food in the end was really good too and overall it was a really nice experience.
So why the low rating? Well, it's not really a cooking class. I did some classes in other countries and usually the students are active in the kitchen, in this class we mainly stood there watching and once in a while we stirred for a 30 sec the pot or cut a few garlics. I could have just watched YouTube.. for the price they wanted I felt there was no value for money so I can't recommend it.. I don't like to leave like reviews for nice people but whoever wants a real lesson, feel it in their own hands, that's just not it.

2  Thank DRV66
Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

Me and my partner had been researching where to do a cooking class in Sri Lanka ever since we got here and Ella spice garden was one of the top 5 things to do in "Ella" so we waited until we reached Ella to do it!
We had 3 days in Ella so the first thing we did when we got there was find the spice garden and get booked in.
It was one of the highlights of our trip to Sri Lanka, such a great teacher he kept the night fun and very educational.
There are usually 8 people to a class and we were lucky to get a good bunch of people who all participated and all had a good sense of humour, so if u are planning a cooking class while you are in Sri Lanka and Ella is a part of your trip I would recommend this class 100% ;)

1  Thank emmasmithsbj
Reviewed 27 January 2018

Chandika provided a fantastic blend of knowledge, skills, wit and humour.
The three hours passed in a flash except for a growing anticipatory hunger and when we finally settled down to dinner, it was hard to believe that we had had a hand in creating this magnificent feast. A highlight of our holiday, book in advance!!

(PS: Three of us had a fair amount of gas the next day from the garlic curry. Delicious, but don't eat too much...)

1  Thank Adam C
Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

Chandika is an excellent teacher! He had very good English and kept the class fun and interactive. The spice garden itself could use some work. Otherwise we learnt how to make two curries, dhal, sampol and rice. We were a total of 8 with good energy and nice conversations over dinner. Recommended!