All reviewsella gapthe ownerguest houseadams peaksri lankaspacious terracetuk tukhot watergreat viewella towna great staycomfy bedtwo nightsbreakfast and dinnerviewsshortcuttorch
Reviewed 18 April 2017

I really believe this hotel has great potential but we had several issues.
First of all I booked DOUBLE ROOM WITH MOUNTAIN VIEW ( as per website ) but I had no mountain view at all. My view was on the bar. After trying to get a new room I was told that they have none and this is the correct room. Even call to manager did not help. BATHROOM WAS HORRIBLE ... please see pictures. It was full of BLACK MOLD and insects inside ( please see pictures ) ... NO TOILETRIES WEHER GIVEN APART OF ONE SOAP but it clearly said that they are included . For BREAKFAST we waited Cca ONE HOUR and when asked if we can get toast I was given one after other guests that left already. I actually seen it being cleaned up and given to me. And the best on the end 3% extra charge for credit card. So for me this is a hotel I will not return to and if you decide to book it take the most expensive rooms with guaranteed mountain view but I am not sure about the rest. Either way for the money paid you can choose much better.

Room Tip: make sure you choose the top range as all rooms show as mountain view but its not true as per my pictures attached.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peter G
prasanna1982, Manager at Green Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2017

We're really sorry for the inconvenience. We're pretty sure that we gave you the exact room as you reserved and it's not come with the bar view. Coz bar is located on the restaurant and your room is next to the restaurant and comes with a mountain view. Are you sure about the breakfast? Coz we don't do such things usually. Anyway we're really sorry for the situation and appreciate your review. We'll work on that. Thanks!

Reviewed 16 April 2017

Great value hotel with beautiful views. Secluded location. Easy walk to little Adam's peak. Remember to bring torch/headlight if you are planning to visit little Adam's peak for sunrise. Otherwise go at sunset.

The road to the hotel is not well lit at night, so if you are eating out in the centre of Ella, although it is walking distance, you may need a tuk tuk to get you back if you don't have a torch.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

The place is by far the best spot i've been to in Ella, Very friendly staff and the view from the balcony is amazing!
Very reasonably priced at Rs 7500 /- for a double room including breakfast, and it was tasty.
Thank you for the kind hospitality, will come back for sure.

Kapil.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kapil S
Reviewed 1 February 2017 via mobile

Amazing view - good breakfast -
such a great breakfast spot!
Brand new facilities.
Clean and comfortable room.
Friendly and helpful staff.

It is roughly 15/20 min walk from the main road.but the place is worth the effort.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 January 2017 via mobile

We just spent 5 serene days in the separate cottage. May be the best unobstructed view of Ella gap in town. Absolutely breathtaking. The dining deck, also blessed with amazing views has been going through some renovations as they are creating an open kitchen. Just about finished so it should be quiet at this point. The owner is very kind and extremely helpful in recommending things to do. And he has the most adorable family. We highly recommend the place. It would get five stars if and when the cottage gets updated as it felt a little worn with use (patio door hard to close; wobbly toilet seat, a faint sewer smell once in a while).

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple