“Nice place”

Suwadivi Ayurveda Health Care
Ranked #3 of 7 Spas & Wellness in Ella
Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

For good health,herbal massage is helpful. This is the best place you can get good experience of aurvedic treatment for mind and body relax

Reviewed 6 January 2017

My massage at Suwadivi was by far the best massage I had in Sri Lanka. My masseuse managed to find all my sore areas and did a great job at loosening them up. As other reviewers have mentioned, it was comparable to having a massage back home. Because I was staying at the guesthouse they offered my a discounted rate however I felt the massage was so good I decided to pay the full amount anyway. It was worth every rupee!
Even better is their guest room - definitely the cosiest place I've ever stayed. The couple who own Suwadivi are so lovely and went out of their way to make us feel at home. Only one room to stay in so get there quickly! Fantastic central location in between the town and train station with breakfast and hot water.

1  Thank Emma R
Reviewed 23 December 2016 via mobile

Just had a fantastic massage at suwadivi by the wife of the man running the clinic. Family business that's been running for over 15 years. Was good strong massage and rivals the massages I get back home. Certainly worth every rupee and highly recommended. Very much like a remedial massage that you get in western countries.

Reviewed 23 May 2016

I had a one hour whole body massage for 3000 rupee by a lovely lady. We wanted a massage after hiking but no place in Ella has consistently good reviews, so we just walked in to this one. The place is pretty basic but the massage was nice and I felt good afterwards. I thought it was worth the price.

Reviewed 17 August 2015 via mobile

Right, here goes. The guy who managed our hotel recommended this and we trusted him - mistake one as he, as everyone does in Ella, was getting a kick back for recommending. We were in two minds about going after reading the mixed reviews, but figured that there must have been a mix up. There are two places in Ella with very similar names. One is a small shop on the way up to this place. This place - the 'proper' place - is a big ayurvedic centre about 50m up the hill, and down a side road.
We were talked into going for the hour package. Mistake two - the packages the 'doctor' offers seem to be tourist specials which are really a con. My partner and I got massaged together. First, what could only be described as a head rub, not a massage. Then a greasy all over body rub - not a massage - and two lotions slapped on your face and wiped off. The young girls had no skill and topped it all off by asking for tips.
In summary, there are much better places to go in Ella - just trust these reviews and avoid the two places with similar names!

3  Thank Suzy B